displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: blowers not blowing cold
:: blade ::

Senior User

Post #1
reet, had this for a while, done a search a few weeks back and found out it could be one of 2 things, 1 being the heater switches and the other being the hot/cold air flap at the back of the dash, so i thought i would crack on and changed the switch to no availe. now onto the second option and thats to have a look at the hot/cold air flap, all i need to know is where abouts it is, and how i can go about fixing it without taking the dash out (if thats possible), as i pretty much die when out in the car with it blowing hot all the time, and have to have the windows open all the time.

hope someone could shed some light and help me out Big grin

cheers

Black Ph1 XSi-6
161.8BHP (Getting Better!!!!)
Posted 17th Sep 2010 at 00:06
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
its inside the heater box, on non a/c cars its on a cable so its probably broken or popped off the back of the knob.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 17th Sep 2010 at 00:21

Senior User

Post #3
should of really said in the 1st post, mines got a/c so its electronic, so i guess its a dash out jobbie, or can i get you it if i take the lower console out?

Black Ph1 XSi-6
Posted 17th Sep 2010 at 00:24
dan_s16

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
You can get to it just by removing the lower console but it's a pain in the ass, but as you have to remove the console to remove the dash you may as well start there and see how far you get.

When I've got time I forget what I wanted to do, and when I remember what I wanted to do, I have no time!
Posted 17th Sep 2010 at 00:34

Senior User

Post #5
i would be i dont really know what im looking for, what would go wrong on it, just need greasing/WD40ing up? or new motor time?

Black Ph1 XSi-6
Posted 17th Sep 2010 at 00:36
dan_s16

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Sometimes they just pop out of the clips that hold them in, or it may need a new motor. it could also be a sensor but check to make sure the flap motor is secure first

When I've got time I forget what I wanted to do, and when I remember what I wanted to do, I have no time!
Posted 17th Sep 2010 at 00:40

Senior User

Post #7
will do cheers

Black Ph1 XSi-6
Posted 17th Sep 2010 at 00:40