displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: please help front fogs :(
loftlex

Junior User

Post #1
i have a 306td its a 1998 and i got a new front bumper, it has front fog lights,, so i plugged the wireing in, put a fuse in the fuse box, and got the indicator stalk with the front fog lights switch and put that in too,,, but for the life of me i cant get the lights to work,,,

according to the haynes manual there is a front fog light relay,,,, but i cant find it anywhere?
its not behind the fuse box, or in the engine bay,,, as far as i can see......

Help Sad

any help or pointers would be great

GTI wanna be Sad ---In a puff of black smoke and a whistle,,, i was gone Smile
Posted 13th Sep 2010 at 18:53
loftlex

Junior User

Post #2
i have checked the forums and apparently its one of the green relays to the left of the fuse box,,

i have 2 of these and they both work,, but i still can not get the front fog lights to work,

i have double checked the fuse, and the stalk, and the wireing,

i am at a loss

Posted 13th Sep 2010 at 02:47
loftlex

Junior User

Post #3
when clicking the indicator stalk and touching the relays, both of the green ones click when i move the stalk to the front fog lights on possition, but i do not get a light on the dash to say the lights are on and the lights still do not work Sad

am i right in thinking that seeing that my 306 did not have the front foglights fitted as standard, that they would not have put a bulb in the dash?

i bought some replacement fog light bulbs today,, but i cant get to the bulbs just yet as my 306 is very very low,,, lol

it will have to wait for the weekend and get the axle stands out Smile

i guess i am going mad,, just babbling away to myself,, but if it helps someone else in the future,, hey hoe

Posted 13th Sep 2010 at 18:52
loftlex

Junior User

Post #4
i removed the dash and fitted a bulb in to the front fog lights hole,,, now when i switch the front fog lights on i can feel the relay click and the light lights up on the dash,, but still no lights,,, i will just have to wait till i can get the car up so i can try diffrent bulbs in the front fogs

Posted 14th Sep 2010 at 00:41