displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Custom Cat Fitting - How to join
sixxer

Post #1
I'm considering buying a used custom made catalytic converter. The CAT' Looks ok except there is no flange for the centre section which is standard [until a stainless steel option is available] to slide into.

I thought this might work

Anyone know of a flange or similar clamp available to connect the cat to the centre section?
Posted 12th Sep 2010 at 05:22
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Take it to an exhaust place and get the centre section and cat welded together. That's the easiest. Or buy a cat that fits.

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 12th Sep 2010 at 05:23
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Weld a piece of tube over to make a slip joint.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 12th Sep 2010 at 05:39
dragoon

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
I've seen such clamps been used on standard golf V's, so it should be ok I think..?

Team Wheelwhore
Team Limited Edition

Astor 306 Francorchamps RIP
Virtual Blue 208 GTi

quote:
I Love this place. So many illiterate deluded fool's acting 'ard . . . and so many literate intelligent people to rip them apart and knock them back down again . . . ahh Cool
Posted 12th Sep 2010 at 16:59