displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: Bonnet Exchange
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Hey guys,

Hopefully exchanging my bonnet over today as im going to see a guy who has one for sale. Will be changing it on the spot though.

Just had a look at the bonnet and how its attached. So far as i can see its just two 10mm bolts either side of the bonnet on the hinges that need to be removed and ofcourse the rubber seal that goes along the bottom and carries the screen wash to the ports.

Anything i have missed or need to watch out for?
The gas struts that hold the bonnet up have a metal clip that needs pushing out to release those joints right?

Thanks

''Oh, it does handle like a golf!'' Why drive a Golf....when you can drive a GTi-6?
Posted 8th Sep 2010 at 14:29
birk

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Have 2 people do it and have the bonnet rested on your shoulders with your arm stretched out holding the bottom of the bonnet toward the window, then you can both undo the 4 bolts and remove it easily with damaging anything. Thumbs up

Dimma + Gt35 turbo = Ninja
Solid rear beam mounts £130
Dan
Posted 8th Sep 2010 at 14:50