displaying posts 1 to 10 of 10

Author Subject: ecu chip from greece
a1rak

Post #1
has anybody purchased the GTi 6 ECU chips selling on ebay (£50.00ish). They seem to make sensible claims for their products but it would be nice to have some evidence closer to home.
Posted 5th Sep 2010 at 23:45
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
LOL

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 6th Sep 2010 at 00:00
midlife

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Admin, please move this thread to comedy centralLaugh my ass off

Cool

Get used to seeing the yellow one !!!MehMehMehMehMeh
Team 330™Cool
Team "no front end or engine"
Team "LIMITED EDITION" I live for the 306 stickerSmug
Team 0-60 in 6.44 & standing qtr in 14.808 @ 94.55mph all with std engineSmug
203bhp Corolla T-Sport daily driver stealthier than Kwai Chang Caine
Posted 6th Sep 2010 at 00:04
a1rak

Post #4
Thanks for the constructive answers. Just so I know are these replys based from experience or opinions.

Posted 6th Sep 2010 at 14:32
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
a1rak wrote:
Thanks for the constructive answers. Just so I know are these replys based from experience or opinions.

I do think that it will work! Get an electric supercharger and fuel line magnets whilst you are at it. Rolling road it before and after at the same place with the same fuel and let us know the results.

Cheers Thumbs up

Nothing to see here
Posted 6th Sep 2010 at 16:26
a1rak

Post #6
I thought I was on the Engine forum, not the cockheads,kids and witty replies page.

The manufacturers ECU map will ALWAYS look at emmissions first everything else takes second place. Next up in ecu map would be reliabilty. Economy and performace will then take their place and will be optimised as best it can whilst keeping within the emmission regulations.

It is quiet feasable for an aftermarket tuner to improve on the performance part of the original map and not worry so much about emmissions, reliability and economy.

I understand that a session on a rolling road is superior to a aftermarket superchip but unless these mods are properly evaluated then we all end up worse off.

I have owned Lotus's, TVR, Cosworths. All 3 of which had a aftermarket chip upgrade(plus additional parts) without going on the rollers. The lotus had 300bhp, the TVR has 387bhp and the cosworth has 397bhp all the upgrades were fitted by myself at home, the power figures were comfirmed later on a rolling road and no adjustments to the map were made.

So I will ask again has anybody any EXPERIENCE in using the product this guy is selling. If its just another clueless reply please shut up.

Posted 6th Sep 2010 at 21:09
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #7
nobody on here has been daft enough to try one, or at the least admit to trying one!

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 6th Sep 2010 at 23:16
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Lets face it they will be a more real mod than the resister and electric supercharger, but they will still only be like the superchips you can buy.

For £50 plus a little getting your ECU socketed give it a try.

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 6th Sep 2010 at 23:38
ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
smegal wrote:
Lets face it they will be a more real mod than the resister and electric supercharger, but they will still only be like the superchips you can buy.

For £50 plus a little getting your ECU socketed give it a try.

Agreed, if you are a believer then it cant hurt to try for 50 notes. Also worth adding that looking at the way they fit you shouldnt need the Ecu socketed.

I cant comment on one of these but did do a before and after on a superchip I removed and it didnt seem to make a great deal of difference. If it was quicker then it was hardly nothing but I will say the car idled and drove a lot smoother with the Oe chip back in.

Ryan
Posted 7th Sep 2010 at 00:18
midlife

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Your better off spending your cash on a decat!
What you must remember is we get plenty of spotty oiks coming on here asking the same stupid questions time after time & your question fell into that bracket!
If you want to blow your cash be my guest but tbh a far better question would have been "my budget is x what can I get to make my car quicker from a to b"

Cool

Get used to seeing the yellow one !!!MehMehMehMehMeh
Team 330™Cool
Team "no front end or engine"
Team "LIMITED EDITION" I live for the 306 stickerSmug
Team 0-60 in 6.44 & standing qtr in 14.808 @ 94.55mph all with std engineSmug
203bhp Corolla T-Sport daily driver stealthier than Kwai Chang Caine
Posted 7th Sep 2010 at 00:39