displaying posts 1 to 11 of 11

Author Subject: Wiring of front door speakers HELP!!!!
resh22

Post #1
Hi guys!
I have some vibe 3 way components which are now installed, I want to run the cable straight from the amp (in the boot) to the speakers rather than using the thin factory cables.

EVERYONE i have asked have said its not possible, and to use to the factory wire. Surely other people have run the fronts straight off the amp before?!?!?

Looking for advice!!!

Cheers
Posted 3rd Sep 2010 at 18:22
dragoon

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
you have been asking retards for advice Thumbs up

just get some 1.5mm² wire and run it from the amp all the way back to doorlooms, through the loom rubber, drill a small hole in the door (dont forget to seal it of so the metal doesnt cut the wire) and hook up the comps.

I fail to see the problem?

Team Wheelwhore
Team Limited Edition

Astor 306 Francorchamps RIP
Virtual Blue 208 GTi

quote:
I Love this place. So many illiterate deluded fool's acting 'ard . . . and so many literate intelligent people to rip them apart and knock them back down again . . . ahh Cool
Posted 3rd Sep 2010 at 19:23
resh22

Post #3
I couldnt believe it when nobody wanted to do it!!

Someone of the people said they would need to take the door off to drill the hole. which was going to cost ££££

Others said they wouldnt risk drilling any holes!

Posted 3rd Sep 2010 at 19:30
resh22

Post #4
I just want my comps to work :-(
Posted 3rd Sep 2010 at 19:31
dragoon

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
taking the door off takes 15min. or so

and drilling, well, just check that you don't hit anything Razz

pretty easy to do by yourself

Team Wheelwhore
Team Limited Edition

Virtual Blue 208 GTi

quote:
I Love this place. So many illiterate deluded fool's acting 'ard . . . and so many literate intelligent people to rip them apart and knock them back down again . . . ahh Cool
Posted 3rd Sep 2010 at 19:33
resh22

Post #6
Ok, this is exactly what I wanted to hear!!

I'm going to have a go at taking the door off and drilling it this weekend!! Damn it!!

Any pointers for taking the doors off? Or is is straight forward off and on job?

Cheers guys!
Posted 3rd Sep 2010 at 19:37
dragoon

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
mmm try searching for that, I'm sure there is a topic around here that explains the removing of the door and everything related to it.

Team Wheelwhore
Team Limited Edition

Virtual Blue 208 GTi

quote:
Posted 3rd Sep 2010 at 19:59
resh22

Post #8
will do! Cheers again!
Posted 3rd Sep 2010 at 20:03
resh22

Post #9
Ok!! All done!!

I dont know what the big deal was!?!?

But, hooked up my components and the woofer's have blown :-(

I was driving around playing them without the corss over until the door was taken off and drilled... someone told me that not playing them through the cross over is what has blown them!!

Do anyone know if Vibe sell the woofer from the component set alone? Or am I going to have to fork out for a new component set?
Posted 6th Sep 2010 at 03:58
paulvt

Regular

Post #10
shouldnt blow the woofer unless its turned up too high.... the comps might be under warrenty try calling vibe, if that fails there is a company on ebay that sells vibe gear for cheap

allesclar wrote: wrote:

the only kind of similarities of the xsi and a 6' is if you jumble the letters round to spell six Razz

Posted 6th Sep 2010 at 22:06
benn25

Regular

Post #11
Did some of my wiring today for my new install. I had all the seats out so my RCA down the centre was easy, which was a suprise. I thought the door speakers would be a sinch aswell. How mistaken was I. Ive decided to use completely new speaker cable, so following other threads I drilled a hole in the hinge crevice, drilled another hole adjacent on the inside, stuck the cable in and found myself fiddling with this f*cking thing for 20 minutes. Only to find out theres a meatal plate in the middle. Sad
So as I was getting more and more fustrated I decided to work on the door. Drilled a hole where I thought it would come out nice, put the cable in, further....further. Lovely... stick my hand in the door to grab it..... where the f*ck is it. Id only drilled in the place where the door has this funny U shaped plate as extra reinforcement. Angry It couldn't get any worse. f*ck that, tea break, bit of snooker ill have a think and come back.
Any way came back to this complete disaster of an install, looking at these 3 holes Id drilled. Roll eyes Decided in the end to drill a hole in the lip and feed it in that way. (Its the middle one of the 3 holes you can see)

As I was already wound up I decided not to take the door off but instead take the fender off and drill just below the loom connector. Result. Straight through and nice & tidy. So if anyone else is thinking of doing this don't make the same mistake as me, otherwise you'll end up P38'in your motor and getting rather p*ssed off Whistle

Almost finished, but what it looks like installed greater detail.

Posted 23rd Apr 2011 at 16:06