displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Wheel bearing or driveshaft??
lilnickgti6

Junior User

Post #1
hi my 6 has now developed a problems with the left side front wheel? when coming to a stop i can hear like a grinding coming from that wheel.
its kinda like a rotational grind, as you can hear it going round when going very slow in traffic.
I also hear it when on full lock.. and most of the time when going along at about 30mph i can hear it but sounds like a clicking very fast as the wheel goes round..
also it doesnt do it when accelerating,.....it makes the noise just when coming to a stop say 15mph downwards then when rolling in traffic and also when turning sharply.
Posted 7th Aug 2010 at 23:06
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Brake pads OK?

My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?
Posted 7th Aug 2010 at 23:58
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3
check wheelbolts Thumbs up

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 8th Aug 2010 at 00:02
lilnickgti6

Junior User

Post #4
just noticed yeah there is a bolt missing but the rest seem tite, would having one missing cause this noise?
Posted 8th Aug 2010 at 04:54
stevevac43

Regular

Post #5
mine makes a noise and its the wheel bearing drivers side,but your discription sound diffrent to what mine does so not to sure,dont think its wheel bearing as its not the same simptoms as mine.nothing caught in tyre is there.
Posted 10th Aug 2010 at 02:09