displaying posts 26 to 29 of 29

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: engine flat spotting
foot

Senior User

Post #26
ok so had the faults read today and found there were only 3 intermittent faults for the TPS, coolent temp sensor, and another i cant remember had the engine running while connected to the computer and everything was running within the correct parameters also couldnt find anything wrong yet when i came to drive the car home it still ran like it has been ..... shit!
anyway i got a new set of plugs from pug so gunna lob them in tomorrow morning and see if that makes any difference
Posted 21st Aug 2010 at 01:33
foot

Senior User

Post #27
still no luck with the fault its still there anyone got any new ideas as to what it could be?
Posted 23rd Aug 2010 at 17:44
mjstones

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
what have you changed / serviced on yours to try and get rid of the fault? mine had a new TPS on about a year and a half ago so doubt it's that, new plugs, oil change, and i cleaned the MAP sensor the other day. still runs like crap when first fired up.

Never underestimate the power of De-Nile.

Friday afternoon car, built in France.... Ninja

306gti6.com Stickers available, pm me for details. or email MjStones83@hotmail.com

Sticker Thread with pics

Posted 23rd Aug 2010 at 19:52
foot

Senior User

Post #29
6 months ago it had a full service oil, filters plugs the lot

in the last month ive changed
inlet mani
all sensors on it so (TPS, ICV, air temp, MAP)
new plugs NGK from PUG
had the faults read twice and came up with nothing major

think im looking into like coolant temp sensor next as mine runs fine but feels like it wants to stall and as if the powers has been cut when i change from 1st to 2nd and put gradual acceleration and only happens about 2 mins into driving the car from stone cold.
Posted 23rd Aug 2010 at 21:11

Pages (2): 1 [2]