displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Revs bouncing on idle.
daveyboyholt

Regular

Post #1
I've spent the last 2 hours searching for an answer but everything seems vague and no proper solution. Ok, On start up car will rev quite high then will idle nicely. Setting off the car will drive nicely but taking your foot off the pedal and it feels like the choke has been left on. Coming to a halt and the engine will rev between 1.5k and 2 k constantly. Switching off and restarting will bring the idle back to normal. Search has said it could be a knacked inlet manifold gasket (I have a a ptfe one) or one of the relays faulty or wet or corroded somewhere. If it is a relay which one would be the likely culprit? Also someone mentioned an unplugged or poorly fitted ICV electrical plug would cause these symptoms? Or a problem with the loom? Any advice would be much appreciated Smile

To do list;
Timing belt
Rad fans
Steering rack
Clutch
Rear right caliper
Posted 4th Aug 2010 at 04:50
dented_vts

Regular

Post #2
Mine did that when the exhaust split.
Posted 4th Aug 2010 at 05:08
daveyboyholt

Regular

Post #3
Funnily enough mine has just split, engine side of the centre section. Cheers buddy Smile

To do list;
Timing belt
Rad fans
Steering rack
Clutch
Rear right caliper
Posted 4th Aug 2010 at 05:11