displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: gearboxes
gti-dan

Regular

Post #1
Is there any other gearboxes worth fitting to the gti-6 for better acceleration for sprints etc? I'd imagine easiest route would be one of the 205 variants? The diff i'm currently looking at getting for the 6 would be a BE3 yes? are there many other gearboxes (aftermarket) that would fit to that? and would be better for accelersation up to speeds of about 80 mph???
Posted 3rd Aug 2010 at 00:34
tannerman

Senior User

Post #2
i have a gearbox that would be perfect for you..........205 gearbox that i brought to nick the diff out of......recon box but it will reach about 120mph.....£120..... a pound for every mph.lol

DO YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH BUM FLUFF
Posted 4th Aug 2010 at 00:35
gti-dan

Regular

Post #3
is it a BE3 gearbox? Or at least fit in the BE3 casing?!?! And would fit onto the BE3 diff?

Hmm how do the ratios compare?
Posted 4th Aug 2010 at 00:43
tannerman

Senior User

Post #4
it will fit yes...you will have to fabricate the rod slightly as reverse is opposite to the 6 speed but and knowledgable grease monkey can do that colin at pugperformance was gonna do it for £20

DO YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH BUM FLUFF
Posted 4th Aug 2010 at 00:46
yoontje

Post #5
I would like to change my gearbox as wel.
I have 306cabriolet with same engine block as gti-6.

Is it possible to fit the be3-5 gears into the be3-6 gearbox and then put a custom 6th in? I don't really want to change acceleration, but I would like a better fuel economy when I'm driving on the highway.
Posted 28th Aug 2010 at 19:16