displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: juddering in 1st gear
badboybunty

Junior User

Post #1
hi all, dunno where to put this!
when im driving in slow traffic im getting a juddering when lifting the clutch in 1st gear the whole car judders! is the one of the engine mounts shot???
also have a sticky gearstick dont want to go into gear mainly 1st and 5th just have to force it anyone had these problems

thanks liamMellow
Posted 2nd Aug 2010 at 23:02
monkgti

Regular

Post #2
i get the same in mine, im sure its the springs in the clutch, ive changed the cable as it was very stiff but still didnt stop the shudder so savin up for a clutch and flywheel now!

IF YOU CAN READ THIS IM STILL IN 5TH!!!
Posted 2nd Aug 2010 at 23:23
badboybunty

Junior User

Post #3
ill be a long way off that my 6 looks like a shed at mo its had the clutch cable changed before i had it its dannyb1 old black 1
but had a p*ss poor respray at some point in its life so im slowly sorting that out but outta work at mo so taking time lol
Posted 2nd Aug 2010 at 23:40
joevts

Senior User

Post #4
sounds like a clutch problem. in fact sounds very much like the 'unsolvable' clutch problem a few people were having a while back, i think someone put it down to crankshaft endfloat but don't quote me on that. one thing i'm pretty sure of though is that changing your engine mounts won't make much difference.
Posted 3rd Aug 2010 at 00:06