displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: Wilwood Dynalite
leito6

Post #1
I've been looking at the conversions done by several users and was well impressed with their results running std disks.

I'm right now investigating the possibility of doing something similar, but with a small alteration... I'm looking at using the Dynalite calipers rather than the Midilites. I've found a model that is pretty much the same specs as the ones used on the conversions here with a couple of differences, mainly the cost which is USD 350 aprox with shipping to Argentina and Bp10 pads included! Although they don't come with dust boots that won't be an issue over here.

Now here is the question:

Since the Dynalite calipers are not radial mount, but lug mount I'll be having the brackets specially made to fit these to the 306 hub but are there any difficulties you see before hand with this bolt arrangement? Anything that might make it impossible to fit these lug mounted calipers? Would the bracket design be too complicated making it too heavy/unstable/dangerous?

Here are the caliper details and schematic:

Dynalite Specs

http://www.wilwood.com/images/Caliper/images_dimensions-lg/Forged_Dynalite-cm-lg.jpg

From what I can see the outer part of the caliper is much slimmer than the midilites which might make it possible to mount these without spacers under cyclones. I'm I right here?

Here are the details for the Midilites:

Midilite Specs

http://www.wilwood.com/images/Caliper/images_dimensions-lg/Dynapro_Radial_Mount-cm-lg.jpg

Thanks everyone
Posted 3rd Aug 2010 at 02:55
leito6

Post #2
Anybody?
Posted 3rd Aug 2010 at 18:35
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Most people use midilites because they have dust seals so can apparently take road grime better.

A dynalite kit is available here so they can definitely be made to fit.

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 3rd Aug 2010 at 18:46
leito6

Post #4
My calipers arrived yesterday, all nice and shiny
Now the problem is that even though the specs are pretty much the same for the Dynalites as for the Midilites used on the conversions done here the dynalite pads are lower than the midilite ones (12mm for the dynalite and 16mm for the midilite).

I was thinking about solutions and came up with two possible ideas: one would be to mount 283x26 206 gti discs, but that means about 1,5kg heavier a disc in comparison to the std 6 items (is this correct? I found here that 206 gti discs are 7kg whilst the 6 ones are 5,5kg). The other would be to make backing plates for the pads, since the calipers are designed for 25,4mm discs I would have to add 1,7mm to the back of each pad.

Any thoughts and ideas are welcome!
Posted 7th Sep 2010 at 20:58
mr swampy s16

**BAD SELLER**

Post #5
did you sort the brake lines out??
Posted 7th Sep 2010 at 21:18
leito6

Post #6
Not yet, money is going your way tomorrow for those
Posted 7th Sep 2010 at 21:20
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Just cut some stainless shims out of 2mm sheet.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 7th Sep 2010 at 21:39