displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: My Gti6
eugmul

Regular

Post #1
Thought I'd start a project thread.Well not that there's been much done or any really big plans for her. Big grin

I got the car nearly two years ago.Got it for a decesent price from a friend who needed it gone as it was taking up space on his mums drive.
It had been sat for about a year when I got it so not MOT or Tax. The battery was completly dead so it had to be charged, started first time and I took it home.

The only modifactions to the car were it had a Jamex lowering kit fitted, which included uprated shocks.However the rear had not been lowered so had a little bit of a drag car look to it.

It then sat on my drive for about three months until I pulled my finger out and put it through its MOT and got her on the road. It only failed on the handbrake not being efficent enough!!(Having been sat for the best part of two years I thought this was quite iimpressive stuff).

Anyways heres some pics.

At home in the snow:

So before the MOT was done I thought I best clean her up:

Shortly after getting the MOT done the exhaust decided to snap. So I priced up getting it changed and was amazed at how much a standard system was going to cost so opted to get a Scorpion 3.5inch rolled in Imola system (cherrs Carl-GKZ for fitting and doing the cambelt!! Thumbs up ):

Tyres needing doing next so went for Toyo Proxies, really like these and they're a good price:

Was getting annoyed that everytime the window was down and I used the water jets the fluid would end up coming in so bought some wind deflectors (cheers Welshben Thumbs up ):

I then finally got round to getting the back end lowered to match the front:

As you can see the wheels weren't in the best of condition and desperatly needing a revamp. So many a call/pm was made to Carl-mechanicalrepairs and we setteled a date to sort this out. I decided on Anthracite as I thought that refurbed silver would make the car look bad as it has a few war wounds LOL So with the new wheels fitted:

Shiney shiney

Thanks for reading and I'm sorry it was a long thread Big grin
Posted 27th Jul 2010 at 17:44
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Looking much smarter already buddy, just watch out for that dog/cat thing in the fifth pic, pretty sure he's after your motor.

Amazing the difference tidy wheels make.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 27th Jul 2010 at 22:41