displaying posts 51 to 75 of 520

Pages (21): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last

Author Subject: Diablo Track Toy
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #51
looking sweet chap Love the drop toWink

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 3rd Aug 2010 at 02:13
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #52
in for its mot in te morning then no more work will be getting done until after knockhill on the 22nd august. still in need of a N/S diablo wing and phase 3 door strips

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 3rd Aug 2010 at 03:26
mr2swzo

Regular

Post #53
quote:
mr2swzo wrote:
Chris, who did the suspension drop? I would'nt mind my 6 abit lower to the ground Hmm

Cheers
Ste.

i done it myself, what you wanting done? rear beam?

Yes, rear beam can you do them well?
Posted 3rd Aug 2010 at 05:30
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #54
mr2swzo wrote:
quote:
mr2swzo wrote:
Chris, who did the suspension drop? I would'nt mind my 6 abit lower to the ground Hmm

Cheers
Ste.

i done it myself, what you wanting done? rear beam?

Yes, rear beam can you do them well?

emm i hope so Huh? done mine ok LOL has yours been lowered already? have you got it on the road yet, thought you were selling it?

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 3rd Aug 2010 at 05:54
mr2swzo

Regular

Post #55
Yes lowered already, and yes it's on the road. I'm in two minds about selling it tbh. I needed the money for a van, but i have abit saved away so i'll fund it through savings not through the sale of the car. However i'm extremely tempted by a Volvo C70 T5 Coupe!!! They really really appeal. Hyper

How long did it take you to lower your 6?
I have coilovers fitted to the front so it's a simple case of winding them to the desired height, the beam could be tricky. What method did you use when you lowered the beam? Click or measurments. Hmm There appears to be much debate about how a beam should be lowered correctly.
Posted 3rd Aug 2010 at 11:23
chrisd306

Seasoned Pro

Post #56
Think ive just bought morrettes, what to sell the cystals or the masks, lol none for sale chris, just teasing mate, you fixing that wing before knockhill??

In my garage just now

2003 BMW M3 & 2009 L200 Raging Bull
& Audi Q5 S Line
AX stock rod & Saxo Stock rod
Sold the bike an charged rallye an bought a caravan, midlife crisis or what!
Posted 3rd Aug 2010 at 11:32
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #57
mr2swzo wrote:
Yes lowered already, and yes it's on the road. I'm in two minds about selling it tbh. I needed the money for a van, but i have abit saved away so i'll fund it through savings not through the sale of the car. However i'm extremely tempted by a Volvo C70 T5 Coupe!!! They really really appeal. Hyper

How long did it take you to lower your 6?
I have coilovers fitted to the front so it's a simple case of winding them to the desired height, the beam could be tricky. What method did you use when you lowered the beam? Click or measurments. Hmm There appears to be much debate about how a beam should be lowered correctly.

took me about 2hours mate. i dont no how people lower them by the click Huh? basicley pull out the ARB, then remove tortion bar, jack the axle arm up, measure it and fit the tortion bar. repeat for the other side and hey presto, lowered rear beam. no clicks involved LOL has your coilovers been well oiled? my mates sizes with all the salt fru the winter and was a right nightmare to sort out

chrisd306 wrote:
Think ive just bought morrettes, what to sell the cystals or the masks, lol none for sale chris, just teasing mate, you fixing that wing before knockhill??

sell my your masks Big grin no i wont have the wing done by knockhill mate. aint hurd back off the lad who has one for sale

Posted 3rd Aug 2010 at 22:51
309btcc

**DODGY SELLER**

Post #58
how much is that lowerd by front and back mate sits perfect????
Posted 3rd Aug 2010 at 23:49
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #59
60mm on the front and around 85mm-90mm on the rear, there was a 5mm difference on both sides at the rear when it was standard, but after lowering it i have managed to reduced that to only 1mm difference. handles well, but of a bumpy ride but am use to it Big grin gmax dampers to go on the rear at the end of the month.

next plan is to fully rebuild my rear beam in september with solid rear beam mounts and a 21mm torsion bars and Hybrid ARB (28.5mm on the Near Side and 25.4mm on the Off Side)

Posted 4th Aug 2010 at 00:08
chrisd306

Seasoned Pro

Post #60
copying my set up are we lol, thats all what ave just bought lol.

In my garage just now

& Audi Q5 S Line
Posted 4th Aug 2010 at 11:12
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #61
:hum i didnt no you had ordered a Hybrid ARB??? LOL i am thinking i want to go for the track look tho, cage and buckets. 1st dibs on your buckets when you get new ones chris

Posted 4th Aug 2010 at 11:34
309btcc

**DODGY SELLER**

Post #62
is the back 85 or 90 mate can you remember???
Posted 4th Aug 2010 at 16:16
chrisd306

Seasoned Pro

Post #63
the rear looks more like 65mm as looks similer to mine

In my garage just now

& Audi Q5 S Line
Posted 4th Aug 2010 at 16:40
309btcc

**DODGY SELLER**

Post #64
cool so 60mm front 65mm rear does yours handle well like that chris??
Posted 4th Aug 2010 at 17:12
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #65
mine is 60mm on the front and there was about a 5mm difference at the rear on both sides when it was standard hight so passanger side got dropped about 90mm and driver side was about 85mm. it is sitting higher on the rear in them pics as my car is parked up a little hill, sits lower than that on the flat

Posted 5th Aug 2010 at 01:55
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #66
you love it eddy

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 5th Aug 2010 at 01:57
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #67
yes i Love my new 6, best one i have had yet Big grin

Posted 5th Aug 2010 at 02:04
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #68
recieved my pressed plates today, Road legal. British font, GB badge and there reflective so them pigs can go fight some real crime instead of giving me fines all the time LOL also got some clips for the bit of the grill under the headlights to stop them popping out. £1 cant complain at that price Razz

Posted 5th Aug 2010 at 04:53
mr2swzo

Regular

Post #69
eddy_gti6 wrote:
yes i Love my new 6, best one i have had yet Big grin

Any car that has been owned by Rob is cool Cool

Btw, you can give me a hand sometime to lower my beam. Thumbs up
Posted 5th Aug 2010 at 05:42
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #70
They're not quite road legal. They do not have the post code of the maker and the BS number.

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 5th Aug 2010 at 17:07
blaze wip

Senior User

Post #71
mr2swzo wrote:

Any car that has been owned by Rob is cool Cool

Laugh I'll second that! Thumbs up

You're doing a fabulous job of bringing her back to life fella.

I should've just paid you to do all that and kept the car! Laugh

Cant wait to hear if it passed the MOT, fingers crossed for you. You'll have to have a run over here if it does and show me what i'm missing. Sad

mechanical_repairs wrote:

i feel like giving her a good dry bumming session.
Posted 5th Aug 2010 at 19:05
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #72
f*ck sake Angry spoke to the lad in the garage today, all he has done was see what was up with my brakes. he said there full af air again. that was tuesday. since hen he hasnt touched it, he p*ssing me off now, was only ment to have my 6 for a day. no mot or anything as of yet. this is why i do all my work my self usualy. last time i take it to a garage.

i will have a run up sometime rob. i will sell you her back if you want rob LOL £200000000 Razz nahh its not for sale i like this one to much Big grin

Posted 5th Aug 2010 at 23:28
mr2swzo

Regular

Post #73
eddy_gti6 wrote:
i will sell you her back if you want rob LOL £200000000 Razz nahh its not for sale i like this one to much Big grin

Glad you like it Chris.
Posted 6th Aug 2010 at 04:00
blaze wip

Senior User

Post #74
eddy_gti6 wrote:

i will have a run up sometime rob. i will sell you her back if you want rob LOL £200000000 Razz nahh its not for sale i like this one to much Big grin

Is that all?! LOL

Which garage is it at mate?

My mate works at SMC in Stanley, it tends to be more Audi's & VW's but he's a tester too so i could get him to take a look if you want?

When you had the rear brakes done did you get a new bleed nipple in the offside? It needed one, sealed up ok but was rounded to f*ck.

mechanical_repairs wrote:

i feel like giving her a good dry bumming session.
Posted 6th Aug 2010 at 03:41
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #75
blaze wip wrote:
eddy_gti6 wrote:

Is that all?! LOL

Which garage is it at mate?

My mate works at SMC in Stanley, it tends to be more Audi's & VW's but he's a tester too so i could get him to take a look if you want?

When you had the rear brakes done did you get a new bleed nipple in the offside? It needed one, sealed up ok but was rounded to f*ck.

by any chance it wasnt the driverside that rounded off was it? i didnt do the brakes last time, my mate done the pads and pressure bleeded the system but there is still air getting in somewhere.

Posted 6th Aug 2010 at 03:52

Pages (21): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last