displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Heater Matrix Pipes took leave of absence
gazzerdaman

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
This happened to anyone before?

Did my matrix a few weeks back now and the car has been used several times including a trip to Alton towers and back this weekend and some pretty spirited blasts.

However on the way back from the Mrs' on Sunday (7 min journey) I noticed rad fans were running on full and temp was over 110 as I pulled onto the drive.

Lifted the bonnet to find the matrix pipes had disconnected themselves and most of my coolant was now on the underside of the car.

Now I'm pretty sure the pipes were properly clipped onto the new matrix (genuine Behr) However I know I didn't refit the bulkhead grommet properly (it isn't actually located in the hole) - could that cause them to come loose.

Hoping that the sudden loss of coolant has done any damage to my head gasket. the top rad pipe and matrix pipe can both be squeezed in on themselves, but the header tank didn't empty.

Cheers for any input

Gary

Cherry Red GTi 6
Posted 1st Jul 2010 at 02:55
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
guess you didn't re-fit the metal clip?

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 1st Jul 2010 at 03:07
gazzerdaman

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Metal clip ? The one attached to the pipes?

Yes it was refitted, wonder if it has lost it's springyness though.

I would have thought if I hadn't fitted the pipes back on properly they would have come off before now

Gary

Cherry Red GTi 6
Posted 1st Jul 2010 at 03:09