displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Urgent - brake pad size
mike306

Senior User

Post #1
Ordered a set of discs and pads from buypartsby, but I'm not sure of the pads are the right type.
The ones I've ordered are mintex MDB1812, but when refitting them, there seems to be 3-4mm of disc showing either side of the pad. On the box it says "306 range" as well as berlingo, partner, picasso, xsara.
They are the same shape as the old ones, only a *tiny* fraction smaller. So it seems odd how the old disc seemed to be wearing down over most of its area, bar a bit on the inside.
Anyway, can anyone confirm if they're the right ones, or 266mm jobbies? Unsure

High boost '6 for weekends
406 2.1 Executive for weekdays
Posted 28th Jun 2010 at 20:21
mike306

Senior User

Post #2
Ok I've just checked on the website, and the same pad no. is listed for hdi, 2.0 16v, s16. Looks like they're the wrong type Dry So the ones that were in previously were wrong aswell, no wonder I wasn't overwhelmed by the braking performance! Roll eyes
Anyone know the correct part number?

*EDIT* Found it: MDB1732, going to have to send the others back, typical!

High boost '6 for weekends
406 2.1 Executive for weekdays
Posted 28th Jun 2010 at 21:24
james01

Regular

Post #3
I hope MDB1732 is correct as mine came today from the same place & getting fitted wednesday Big grin . Got the discs as well & measured them at 283mm so they should be the ones. Can't wait to brake & the steering wheel stay still LOL .

daveyboy wrote:
306 GTi, the best kept secret in performance motoring
Posted 29th Jun 2010 at 00:42