displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: Stepper motor problem
chrissykapow

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Ok, need a little assistance here guys. Done my research, watched Welly's stepper motor vid, gone waaaay past that.

Car is running like a bag of nails. My fuel tank was running low so put £20 of Esso super 97 in, then noticed it was struggling to idle, eratically revving by itself etc so I thought - stepper motor. Took it off, cleaned it with spirits, put it back on and it ran even worse. Now she's revving to 2k revs and back down to idle in a 'pulsing' way, systematically every other second. Called in at a Peugeot breakers and purchased a 'second hand' stepper motor, fitted it and it hasn't made it better, or worse, but now behaves differently. Car now revs to 3k all by itself then after 5 seconds down to a struggling idle before 'pulsing' to 2k.

It makes the car undriveable, I'm still convinced it's something to do with the stepper but anyone elses opinions would be appreciated. On an iPhone, so replys may be slow lol. Cheers people

My Myspace / Band Myspace / My Facebook
Team China GTi6
always more to come....Devil
pic1 pic2 pic3 pic4 pic5 pic6 pic7 pic8 pic9 pic10
-------------------------------
* Quote of the day:- "Grow some balls.. but why balls??? They're soft and sensitive. Grow a vagina... man, those things can take a pounding!!" *
--------------------------------
Posted 26th Jun 2010 at 01:38
justinaccurate

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
The pulsing thing can happen when you don't reconnect the connector plug to the stepper correctly. If its definitely clicking into place it may be worth putting a small piece of foil in each connector to make sure its getting a good electrical contact?
Posted 26th Jun 2010 at 21:56