displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: lower engine mount
vernam616

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Just looked at the FAQ which looks fairly straight forward, however the FAQ is for a powerflex one, will a standard one be as easy to change? i keep getting mixed opinions from people, some say its very hard and you need a press and others say it isnt a problem, i just dont want to get the old mount out and realise new one wont go back in... especially when the car is my daily driver !LOL

any help appreciated
Dan

Audi S3 Black Edition
Posted 25th Jun 2010 at 01:37
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
have you got a big vice or a press? or some M10 threaded bar and some BIG washers?

best bet if you have none of the above is to whip the mounting off and visit your local friendly garage with some beer tokens/biscuits and get them to fit the new bush.

I would either fit a BBM group N bush, or a proper o.e one, aftermarket motorfactor ones are nowhere near stiff enough in most cases.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 25th Jun 2010 at 01:43
vernam616

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
welshpug! wrote:
have you got a big vice or a press? or some M10 threaded bar and some BIG washers?

best bet if you have none of the above is to whip the mounting off and visit your local friendly garage with some beer tokens/biscuits and get them to fit the new bush.

I would either fit a BBM group N bush, or a proper o.e one, aftermarket motorfactor ones are nowhere near stiff enough in most cases.

I bought one from someone on here a while back whilst i still had my GTI-6, it looks identical to standard peugeot, can the old one not be cut out, then just hammer the new one in place?

Audi S3 Black Edition
Posted 25th Jun 2010 at 02:02
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
I guess you could hammer it, but I wouldn't try, it took 2 tons to press one in last time I did one a few weeks back.

you could cut the old one out and get the new one pressed in, less beer tokenage Thumbs up

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 25th Jun 2010 at 02:07
vernam616

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
welshpug! wrote:
I guess you could hammer it, but I wouldn't try, it took 2 tons to press one in last time I did one a few weeks back.

you could cut the old one out and get the new one pressed in, less beer tokenage Thumbs up

thanks

im now on the lookout for a powerflex one Ninja

are these "group N" and are they really harsh on idle do you know?

Audi S3 Black Edition
Posted 25th Jun 2010 at 02:20
peachy4878

Junior User

Post #6
hi bud i have just fitted a group n lower mount and its ok, little more cabin noise on idle but ok. little more noisy on start up but this may not be the mount??? Unsure
Posted 25th Jun 2010 at 02:24
oldbrownshoe

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
this is understatement,
the noise & vibration on idle in the cabin is unbearable after fitting the group n lower mount.

if you don't have girlfriend now, wait with the fitting until you got one.

you better with milling & turning workshop then
garage, the problem is that sometime due to production mistake the diameter of the lower mount is wrong, and should be
measured and put in lathe.

that's what happened with the lower mount i bought, if i used hydraulic press i'v probably break the housing.
manual press is more precise.

French military victories?
Did you mean French military defeats?
Posted 25th Jun 2010 at 14:16