displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: loss of power
bazturd

Post #1
Hi i have a peugeot 306 2.0L Cab have searched on here and have found some similar problems but none that sound like they would solved mine.

The engine after driving 10-15 mins when engine has reaches about 90 degrees it starts to chudder when stoped at lights, traffic etc (sounds like its struggling as if its going to stall but has only cut out 1ns so far) then when go to move off has no power and after a while will kick in move away but feels like theres no real power there and if its struggeling, then will stop accelarating however much i push down on the throttle. This kinda burst of power and power loss will keep happening untill i park it up and leave it to cool for a few days then seems fine.

Also ive had the RAC out to it and they connected it up to there enginge diagnostic tool and no error codes were found, they said it was the fans not kicking in when car was hot and a problem with the tempreture sensor on the radiator(the fans were kicking in when was at about 95 degrees which i thing is about right so dont think thats the problem)but even when engine tempreture goes down after being over the 90's the problem continus.

Any help would be massivly appreciated as I realy love 306 and want it working again.
Posted 18th Jun 2010 at 02:15
monkeyman

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Take off the air feed pipe to the throttle and check inside for any oil from the crank breather, give the throttle a good clean.

Replace the ecu engine temp sensor, about £12. Its the green one just behind the throttle. It measures the coolant temps.

Just a couple of simple things to start with, may not fix the issue though.

Spanner Monkeys Monkey Spanner
Forum Search Clicky
Posted 18th Jun 2010 at 16:42
gingec

Regular

Post #3
Do any lights come on on the dash when it plays up? Sounds exactly like mine when a coil pack failed recently, that did show a fault code when diagnostics were done.
Posted 18th Jun 2010 at 20:23
bazturd

Post #4
Nope no lights at all on the dash when it happens, gona give monkeymans idea a go see what happens, will let you know
Posted 18th Jun 2010 at 21:00