displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: Engine temperature
bainsey6403

Junior User

Post #1
Hi,
From what i see its been covered numerous times on here as to how hot these engines run before the fans cut in which i believe is around 110 degrees, now the other day i had a thought which i would like to run past you all, before the 6 i'd always had d turbos, tweaked to high heaven, thrashed to high heaven and they never went above 90 degrees, now its been a while since i owned one so cant remember but did they have there own sender which controlled the fans, if so would this sender be compatible with a gti-6 one and would it alter the temp at which the fans cut in???
Posted 11th Jun 2010 at 12:49
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #2
Diesel engines by design are more thermally efficient than petrol engines so will naturally produce less wasted energy as heat.

The GTi-6's fans should come on at 96. Unless you're in traffic on a stupidly hot day anything over 100 is a good sign that something may be wrong.

You could probably tweak the fan controller to bring the fans on earlier but unless you're running a lot of power there's really no need.

Rich
Posted 11th Jun 2010 at 13:36