displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Oil temp / pressure guage advice
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Search doesn't bring up as much as I'd hoped, so new thread time I'm afraid.

I'd really like to fit an oil temp guage, preferably along with a new oil pressure guage to match. I've got a P1 which has the pressure guage as standard. Having never fitted aftermarket guages before I have no idea what's required.

Do new guages have senders by default? Is the output from senders standard, ie could I just remove the wire from my current pressure guage and plug it into a new guage?

What about fitting an oil temperature guage, I've heard of people fitting sump plugs that contain senders - are these standard senders that'll work, can you get them for the Pug, etc?

Literally I know nothing about these, but I know I'm keen to know if anything's up with my engine. Anyone with any advice would be thanked.

Cheers
O.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 7th Jun 2010 at 17:19
kezman7

Senior User

Post #2
I was planning of fitting some to mine, best way i found was to get a oil filter sandwitch place which takes the senders and use that, I just never got round to buying the plate for mine.
Posted 7th Jun 2010 at 17:46
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3
yours should have an oil temp sender in the front of the sump, or at least a blanking plug, so you can fit an appropriate sender and gauge to match, you'll need a sender that matches the resistance range the gauge works from.

as for the oil pressure, I'd leave it as it is, you've already got a gauge and a warning light.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 7th Jun 2010 at 17:53
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
kezman7: I was thinking there's probably some way with sandwich plates, however I'm already putting one in for the oil cooler, don't really want my filter being three foot in front in the car if I can help it Wink

Did you ever get any links to places that do them?

welshpug: Oil temp sender already on you say? Interesting. Annoyingly I don't have the car for the next few days so I can't check but do you know of any places that do senders and how I know what size thread I need?

Cheers both.
O.

Posted 7th Jun 2010 at 18:00
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Ah, just found these on DT, which for about £7 will let you put a sender in the sump plug.

Does anyone know what size thread the sump plug is? They do an M12 up to an M22, but I wouldn't know what the pug has.

With that, I could add in one of these senders for £13. Then I'd just need the relevant guage.

By far that's seeming like the cheapest easiest way of doing it, as the proper Mocal adapters for putting a sensor inline are about £30 each.

Posted 7th Jun 2010 at 19:06