displaying posts 76 to 100 of 621

Pages (25): first .. 3 [4] 5 .. last

Author Subject: 205 2.1 16v rallye track car
309btcc

**DODGY SELLER**

Location: england

Registered: 07 Jul 2009

Posts: 530

Status: Offline

Post #76
cool get some vids up mate that thing going too sound mental..on 50s
Posted 7th Sep 2010 at 01:05
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Location: Devizes

Registered: 11 Dec 2006

Posts: 4,424

Status: Offline

Post #77
will do, looking at doing a couple of shakedown track days before the years out Smile

________________________________________

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 7th Sep 2010 at 01:08
309btcc

**DODGY SELLER**

Location: england

Registered: 07 Jul 2009

Posts: 530

Status: Offline

Post #78
go for it m8 iam after some 50s for my 6 now to go with the cams and pistons..
Posted 7th Sep 2010 at 01:11
dj_turbo

Regular

Location: Shaftesbury

Registered: 11 Jun 2005

Posts: 219

Status: Offline

Post #79
Looks like its getting there now ash its all the little things that take the time dont they! I would look at putting some extra mounts on that oil cooler and some rubber mounts as they tend to crack easly with vibration i had this problem on my last engine.
Posted 7th Sep 2010 at 01:15
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Location: Devizes

Registered: 11 Dec 2006

Posts: 4,424

Status: Offline

Post #80
309btcc wrote:
go for it m8 iam after some 50s for my 6 now to go with the cams and pistons..


tbh mate 45's will flow to 240 bhp unless you've got big ideas..

________________________________________

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 7th Sep 2010 at 01:24
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Location: Devizes

Registered: 11 Dec 2006

Posts: 4,424

Status: Offline

Post #81
dj_turbo wrote:
Looks like its getting there now ash its all the little things that take the time dont they! I would look at putting some extra mounts on that oil cooler and some rubber mounts as they tend to crack easly with vibration i had this problem on my last engine.


thanks, yeah the little bits seem to take ages but fingers crossed starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.
ive been thinking about a bracket to come across to the top of the cooler, i also need to make a bracket for the top of the rad to stop any forward/back movement.
good idea on the rubber mounts, will look into doing somthing to dampen down the vibration.

________________________________________

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 7th Sep 2010 at 01:23
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Location: Devizes

Registered: 11 Dec 2006

Posts: 4,424

Status: Offline

Post #82
eyeing up keevil airfield trackday on the 20/11 if anyone fancys it?

________________________________________

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 7th Sep 2010 at 01:26
tea boy

Senior User

Location: Market Rasen

Registered: 27 Feb 2010

Posts: 632

Status: Offline

Post #83
This car looks the dogs..... Thumbs up

________________________________________

Make tea, not war.

If it ain't broke......fix it until it is.
Posted 8th Sep 2010 at 05:38
cosmic spanner

Moral objector

Location: North London

Registered: 11 Oct 2004

Posts: 10,399

Status: Offline

Post #84
rallyeash wrote:
dj_turbo wrote:
Looks like its getting there now ash its all the little things that take the time dont they! I would look at putting some extra mounts on that oil cooler and some rubber mounts as they tend to crack easly with vibration i had this problem on my last engine.


thanks, yeah the little bits seem to take ages but fingers crossed starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.
ive been thinking about a bracket to come across to the top of the cooler, i also need to make a bracket for the top of the rad to stop any forward/back movement.
good idea on the rubber mounts, will look into doing somthing to dampen down the vibration.


Definitely get some anti-vibration mounts for the cooler (Merlin motorsport do bags of'em) and some rubber mounts for the rad too - when Garry (supercharged 205-6) came down to pick up those Compomotive wheels, he was telling me that he'd rigidly mounted his rad to the same crossmember as you. This does twist under cornering load and it's caused his rad to split! Sad

________________________________________

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch..
..Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Project é - my 306 project thread.
Posted 8th Sep 2010 at 14:42
lotek

Seasoned Pro

Location: Berkshire

Registered: 04 Dec 2007

Posts: 6,104

Status: Offline

Post #85
Love why have i still got a bloody 6 for?!?!
Posted 8th Sep 2010 at 14:48
spiky

Seasoned Pro

Location: Cardiff

Registered: 13 Oct 2006

Posts: 2,310

Status: Offline

Post #86
cosmic spanner wrote:
rallyeash wrote:
dj_turbo wrote:
Looks like its getting there now ash its all the little things that take the time dont they! I would look at putting some extra mounts on that oil cooler and some rubber mounts as they tend to crack easly with vibration i had this problem on my last engine.


thanks, yeah the little bits seem to take ages but fingers crossed starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.
ive been thinking about a bracket to come across to the top of the cooler, i also need to make a bracket for the top of the rad to stop any forward/back movement.
good idea on the rubber mounts, will look into doing somthing to dampen down the vibration.


Definitely get some anti-vibration mounts for the cooler (Merlin motorsport do bags of'em) and some rubber mounts for the rad too - when Garry (supercharged 205-6) came down to pick up those Compomotive wheels, he was telling me that he'd rigidly mounted his rad to the same crossmember as you. This does twist under cornering load and it's caused his rad to split! Sad


good info there,

will take note of that Big grin

________________________________________

Do you need a 205 > 306 gti6 plug and go engine loom? PM ME

TORQUES for all your braided fuel line needs

MY YouTube Videos'

SUPERCHARGED 205 GTI6.... are you Fooking nuts!.... ummmm YIP Smile

268+BHP and 860kg = FUN
Posted 8th Sep 2010 at 14:50
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Location: Devizes

Registered: 11 Dec 2006

Posts: 4,424

Status: Offline

Post #87
thanks for the info cosmic Thumbs up will look into rubber mounting the rad too. dont fancy splitting this nice new shiny oneSad

________________________________________

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 8th Sep 2010 at 22:00
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Location: Devizes

Registered: 11 Dec 2006

Posts: 4,424

Status: Offline

Post #88
well after alot of work its going to sandy browns next saturday for a custom body loom and mapping, couple of pics when i washed it off today.

next to its mate, the 16V xsi that ive recently bought, was in the forsale section here a couple of weeks back.






couple of weeks back when i trailered it over to torque technique for the exhaust to be hand made



________________________________________

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 18th Oct 2010 at 01:36
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Location: portsmouth

Registered: 19 Apr 2008

Posts: 3,144

Status: Offline

Post #89
wow looks great mate , how is the 106 xsi any big problems with it ?

________________________________________


"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 18th Oct 2010 at 01:37
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Location: Devizes

Registered: 11 Dec 2006

Posts: 4,424

Status: Offline

Post #90
not really, theres loads of little problems, like the rad has seen better days, the thottle cable isnt fitted correctly, had missing wheel bolts, the rest were tapered not flat, lucky i had a set of cyclone bolts around, wheels are chipped, (currently refurbing them black atm) drivers lock doesnt work, missing fuel cap (got same colour one off ebay, now fitted)no bonnet stay, just a few little niggly bits but once the 205 is gone to cornwall to have the work done ill be able to get cracking on it and get a ticket on her.

Ash

________________________________________

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 18th Oct 2010 at 01:43
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Location: portsmouth

Registered: 19 Apr 2008

Posts: 3,144

Status: Offline

Post #91
good stuff looked a billy bargain for the money bet its quite nippy to

________________________________________


"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 18th Oct 2010 at 01:45
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Location: Devizes

Registered: 11 Dec 2006

Posts: 4,424

Status: Offline

Post #92
yeah, i wouldnt of paid a great deal more though in its current condition. the roof also needs re-laquoring like all the old S1's do.
im not really sure what im going to use it for. could be up forsale once its all tidy'd up Sad well not untill the 205's on the road, may track the xsi in between...

________________________________________

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 18th Oct 2010 at 01:51
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Location: Devizes

Registered: 11 Dec 2006

Posts: 4,424

Status: Offline

Post #93
oil catch tank that spec R made so my specification with a k+n filter. also picked up a 106 gti inline fuel filter which should be fine.
last checks tonight then loading on the trailer tomorrow ready for an early start on sat to colins/ sandy's

________________________________________

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 21st Oct 2010 at 19:56
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Location: Devizes

Registered: 11 Dec 2006

Posts: 4,424

Status: Offline

Post #94
purchased these from midlife last week, being delivered straight to sandy and he's going to slip them on. seen a few of the standard pulleys snap before so don't want to take any chance's


Hopefully the next update will be running and mapping Hyper Hyper

________________________________________

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 3rd Nov 2010 at 01:26
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Location: Winchester

Registered: 21 Nov 2003

Posts: 13,739

Status: Offline

Post #95
Looks good bud - the tbs look the nuts as usual - you will love the sound as well Wink
Posted 3rd Nov 2010 at 01:45
midlife

Seasoned Pro

Location: Colne, Lancashire

Registered: 13 Mar 2006

Posts: 7,544

Status: Offline

Post #96
rallyeash wrote:
purchased these from midlife last week, being delivered straight to sandy and he's going to slip them on. seen a few of the standard pulleys snap before so don't want to take any chance's


Hopefully the next update will be running and mapping Hyper Hyper


I still feel like I got dry bummedLaugh my ass off
Good luck with it!!

Cool

________________________________________

Get used to seeing the yellow one !!!MehMehMehMehMeh
Team 330Cool
Team "no front end or engine"
Team "LIMITED EDITION" I live for the 306 stickerSmug
Team 0-60 in 6.44 & standing qtr in 14.808 @ 94.55mph all with std engineSmug
203bhp Corolla T-Sport daily driver stealthier than Kwai Chang Caine
Posted 3rd Nov 2010 at 02:05
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Location: Devizes

Registered: 11 Dec 2006

Posts: 4,424

Status: Offline

Post #97
haha, one day you'll probably need somthing from me... i guess you posted them ok? i havent heard anything either way
Smile

________________________________________

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 3rd Nov 2010 at 02:08
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Location: Devizes

Registered: 11 Dec 2006

Posts: 4,424

Status: Offline

Post #98
bigbadbowen wrote:
Looks good bud - the tbs look the nuts as usual - you will love the sound as well Wink


thanks, i loved the induction noise on the old sandy/satchell bodies and was a bit concerned i wouldnt get the same noise from the jenveys as afew (45's)ive seen haven't had the grunty soundtrack.

________________________________________

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 3rd Nov 2010 at 02:12
midlife

Seasoned Pro

Location: Colne, Lancashire

Registered: 13 Mar 2006

Posts: 7,544

Status: Offline

Post #99
rallyeash wrote:
haha, one day you'll probably need somthing from me... i guess you posted them ok? i havent heard anything either way
Smile


Oh yes they went recorded delivery last Friday as promisedThumbs up


Cool

________________________________________

Get used to seeing the yellow one !!!MehMehMehMehMeh
Team 330Cool
Team "no front end or engine"
Team "LIMITED EDITION" I live for the 306 stickerSmug
Team 0-60 in 6.44 & standing qtr in 14.808 @ 94.55mph all with std engineSmug
203bhp Corolla T-Sport daily driver stealthier than Kwai Chang Caine
Posted 3rd Nov 2010 at 02:34
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Location: Devizes

Registered: 11 Dec 2006

Posts: 4,424

Status: Offline

Post #100
top man Thumbs up didnt doubt youBig grin

________________________________________

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 3rd Nov 2010 at 02:43

Pages (25): first .. 3 [4] 5 .. last

2000 Peugeot 306 GTi 6

  • 2000cc
  • Grey
  • 120,000 miles

£1,200

Location: Croydon, London

All times are GMT. The time is now 18:44

The Peugeot GTi-6 & Rallye Owners Club Ltd - Registered in England & Wales - Reg No: 07410694 - ©2020 all rights reserved.

Please Note : The views and opinions found herein are those of individuals, and not of The Peugeot 306 GTi-6 & Rallye Owners Club Ltd or any individuals involved.
No responsibility is taken or assumed for any comments or statements made on, or in relation to, this website. Please see our updated privacy policy and legal information