displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Wheel bearing questions
fugs

Regular

Post #1
The wheel bearing went in my 6. I have the hub off and the circlip off. The bearing totally fell apart, as in the bearings ran out and the whole centre all came apart. The bearing was in an awfull state. Now I'm left with the hub and the outer shell of the bearing pressed in. I have access to a press in work. But where I have a concern is the centre of the bearing has the spline (female side) still in it. Do I need to press this out also? The new bearing just has the bearing itself with a new nut and circlip?
Posted 2nd Jun 2010 at 17:39
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
yup, you need to remove the old inner race from the hub flange (bit the wheel and disc bolt to, and has the splines)

did the CV side inner race fall off without any force? if so I would say that the drive flange has worn due to a seized bearing at some point and should be replaced, if re-used the bearing will never seat properly and will wear prematurely

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 2nd Jun 2010 at 18:02
fugs

Regular

Post #3
Thanks Mister Welsh. I have a brand new drive and CV joint ready to pop in.
Posted 2nd Jun 2010 at 18:06