displaying posts 1 to 22 of 22

Author Subject: gti6 china blue
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
well i thought i would join in and start a project thread of all the things i have done to my gti6. i have now owned it for just over a 1yr which is good for me.

couple of pictures when i bought it. it was already lowered about 30m all round ,which saved me a job

so then i thought about changing the exhaust system. so bought meself a magnex exhaust system

which then followed by the head gasket going, which was repaired, follwed by a few colour changes on the manifold and rocker covers
from this

to this

which then changed again to

here is couple of pictures of the head all off, which when i rushed putting it back together i made a mistake on re lining the camshaft. so it had to come off again and get rebuild. any way time for pics

i then decided to paint the calipers ,well i only done the rear at the moment, will try and do the front before fcs.

and here how it stands today, i have got different colour manifold again and rocker cover.i also bought some wind deflector which i think works a treat.so more pics again

sorry for the long update and pictures

comments all welcome
Posted 2nd Jun 2010 at 02:05
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
well i bought some H.I.D lights last week off a gti6 member, so i decided to fit them yesturday and am impressed how good they are ,few pictures

Posted 2nd Jun 2010 at 02:06
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Done a fair bit of work to that. Good effort.

Kudos on having the patience to whip the head off and rebuild after your mistake. Laugh

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:27
marksorrento205

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Mike, Looking nice mate!! Im loving the new colour of the inlet and cam covers. What colour have you used?

How to do a clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 12th Jun 2010 at 02:56
mattyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Looks like ford graphite grey from halfrauds. I should know i just used the stuff to refurb my cyclones. Bizzarly enough i got a china vagina too. Hmm i must be getting common with my modding again. Sad

Previous china gti6 and Rallye owner.

Now a proud Astor Gti 6 owner.

Missing he BMW already...
Posted 12th Jun 2010 at 03:40
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
time for another update,since it been so long . well as some of you know i did a mod for my magnex system which worked to some extents,but i still want something a bit quiter so i went out and bought a jetex system which is spot on. here is couple of pictures,there not the best will get some better picture when me car on a ramp next.

then i bought a second hand boot spoiler ,and got that painted along with getting me fuel trims painted to

I have got a couple of shiney bits to fit when they arrive,so keep watch
Posted 18th Feb 2011 at 00:05
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
well i received my lightened flywheel off (rich w) cheers mate. so i got to work today and fitted the flywheel and me new cluctch. wasnt a bad job to do over all . has made a difference with this new flywheel feels alot more response and accelration better to. here is couple of pictures i got.

is it reconmenad to have a lightend crank pulley now so it all balances out or should i stick with the standard one? any benifits to lightened pulley

comments and advice welcome
Posted 18th Feb 2011 at 00:14
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
while the forum was done i went on about fitting a new drivers seat.so today i went for a drive to demon tweeks.after looking round the place i managed to do a deal and came away with a new bucket seat.

new cobra monaco seat

here is a picture of the seat fitted into the car. hoping to have one in the passenger seat in a couple of months :thumbs:
Posted 17th Apr 2011 at 17:52
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
hi guys,am after some advice .my cambelt had started to shread it self and am not sure why,i have check the waterpump,idler,tensioners and all was ok.the only one i wasnt sure about was the crankshaft timing pinon ,so i have replaced this and fitted another new timing belt. here are couple of pictures to show you the belt

the bottom pulley is also new to
any comments welcome and advice.
Posted 3rd Sep 2011 at 20:22
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
well this is well over due a update. so here goes

well i have had this really bad knocking noise from the back end of the vehicle which expt driving me bad but i kept putting it off. so a month a go i stuck it on the ramp in work to find the o/s/r bearing and trail arm completely knackered,so i place a order with andy on the gti6 forum and he has built be a recon axle which i picked up tonight.
so i started to make a start on stripping the back end which was going well until i noticed me handbrake cables about to snapped .so while it is all off i am also going to clean any surface rust,which i have started to do.then it will be treated and painted. but i have also noticed my scorpion back box join seem excatly the same as the centre pipe were they meet which i dont think is right? and there was a gasket inbetween them to hold it up which has no broken ,so am trying to find out if it normal or not. here is couple of pics with more to come if i remember

only jobs left are remove brake lines ,rear brakes and then the axle bolts inside the boot.
Posted 25th May 2012 at 23:40
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
yeah i managed to sort another ring gasket .hopefully will do the job.

well been back working on the car to and got a lot done, removed the old axle which wasnt a bad job to do on the floor. then make a start and clean the rust off and then treated it,after that was try i spray it black then. it is not 100% perfect spray like a bodyshop would be ,but it is loads better then it was.
once that was all dried i start to fit my new recon axle which went up easier than i thought, reconnected everything back that i could do before having to go and get some more parts.

new parts
rear axle
2 handbrake cables
new shocker bolt,washer and nut
paint
rust protector
brake fluid

hopefully should have the exhaust back on,brakes blead ,wheels on and a good road test

few pics of todays work

Posted 25th May 2012 at 23:50
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
Have you checked the new cam belt to see if it's getting chewed .?
Posted 26th May 2012 at 00:14
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
no i havent checked it yet,that something i have to do soon.

well finally got it all finshed today,and is it 100% better can chuck it into corners to. only thing need to do is make a bracket to secure the o/s/r brake pipe as it is only cabbled tie at the moment. the ride height has change on the back to 30mm now.

comments welcome
Posted 26th May 2012 at 15:24
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #14
Was the belt being shredded because it was too tightly tensioned?

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 26th May 2012 at 15:30
    mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
    am not to sure to be honest,could that happen then if it was to tight?
    Posted 26th May 2012 at 15:36
    ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #16
    Nice project, the belt damage could be due to tension but that looks like something has been touching the edge to me.

Not sure if it's me being stupid but where you have marked the pullies inlet and exhaust it looks to me that you have them on the opposite camshafts.

Ryan
    Posted 26th May 2012 at 16:52
    jorg

Senior User

Post #17
    Always wondered who owned this and now I know Yes I will do my best not to hit it with my bus when I next go past it LOL

I do like the green calipers Thumbs up

306 2.1 S16 Tarmac Rally Car
    Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=143956
    Posted 26th May 2012 at 21:25
    mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #18
    lol, so do you reconigned it from somewere ? you must have a dam big bus lol.

cheers
    Posted 26th May 2012 at 21:29
    jorg

Senior User

Post #19
    Normally see it parked up next to the Fiat place in Huntington. Been passing it for ages but keep forgetting to do an I Spy post Doh

306 2.1 S16 Tarmac Rally Car
    Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=143956
    Posted 26th May 2012 at 21:34
    mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #20
    arh right yeah that were i work,will keep an eye for you next time
    Posted 26th May 2012 at 21:38
    mjt4130

Regular

Post #21
    Found some very similar damage to my belt yesterday. One of the 6 m5 hex bolts that thread into the head had come adrift and wedged under a cam sprocket. Worth checking to see if they are still in place?
    Posted 27th May 2012 at 09:36
    mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #22
    well i have made a few more changes on the 6. first thing was to remove the standard airbox and fit a induction kit which sounds awsome and in my view it breathes a bit more and responsive to.

then today seen me make the 4hr round trip to collect some front seats from RJGTI6 ( rich).cheers mate and good direction to. so having to suffer with a knackered seat for months it was time to remove the old seats and fit the news one`s in it place. well worth road trip and now have comfy seats to,here a couple of pics to

new seats all fitted

just need to sort my air bag fault out now,without removing the bulb,as these new ones havent got any plugs for the side airbag. any ideas how to get round it?

comments welcome
    Posted 1st Nov 2012 at 18:49