displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Clutch riding high
t11hac

Senior User

Post #1
Ok fitted a new clutch to my mates 6 about 1 ½ ago and just geing it back on the road now took a long time i no but she was a right off all sorted thoughSmile

My problem is the clutch pedle is riding very high took it out for a run and its reving the tits off it and going no where. I no its a ratchet system do you think the cable is f*cked Unsure

Team Black Rallye
Posted 30th May 2010 at 21:16
tarret

Regular

Post #2
i done my clutch and the pedal still high, been told its the cable as the cables are self ajusting, so i would say yes its the cable
Posted 5th Jun 2010 at 01:00
darktyke

Regular

Post #3
do you mean the pedal is a lot higher than the brake/accelerator pedals when you lift off it?
does it just spring up?
mine has just started to do that.
Posted 5th Jun 2010 at 18:53
tarret

Regular

Post #4
mt biting point is high and got told its the cable am waitin on fitting it when i can,
but yeah the clutch pedel does sit a little higher when lifted off,
yeah i does spring back
Posted 5th Jun 2010 at 22:06
lam6

Regular

Post #5
yeh sounds like cable ,always change cable when you do clutch like you say there self adjusting but they only adjust one way ,there only about 20 quid for cable so well worth it really
Posted 7th Jun 2010 at 03:49