displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: Belkin In-Car USB charger issue
musclebeach

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
I've bought the Micro Auto Charger which plugs into the cig lighter with a USB port on it, which through the ipod cable connects to the ipod.

Now i'm confused, it's supposed to charge any USB device, when i put my iphone in, perfect and no issues, but when i connect my 80GB Ipod Classic it doesn't charge. Not only that but the ipod doesn't do anything!!

Connect the ipod to a computer and no problems at all, any suggestions as to why this may be?

VW Golf GT TDI 115, 100k nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Posted 26th May 2010 at 04:00
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Do the Iphone and Ipod claasic use the same USB cable?

Just Drive It
Posted 26th May 2010 at 14:10
paulvt

Regular

Post #3
think some of the older ipods have a different wiring arrangement on the dock port? could be that

allesclar wrote: wrote:

the only kind of similarities of the xsi and a 6' is if you jumble the letters round to spell six Razz

Posted 26th May 2010 at 14:14
musclebeach

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Yes they use exactly the same cable, i have three cables and all work with the computer fine, but none when connected to the USB charger for the car, will charge the Ipod. They'll charge the iphone but not the ipod!

Posted 26th May 2010 at 17:03
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Apple Meh Wink

On a serious note though it has to be something to do with ipod, have you tried searching for similar issues on an ice forum at all?

Just Drive It
Posted 26th May 2010 at 18:04
sixysix

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Probablly down to apple and the cables they use, but it could also be the USB charger that you have.

A lot of them are only 500ma and will not be able to supply enough power to charge, let alone run it.

I got a Griffin dual USB car charger a few months back and it seems to work on most things I plug into it.

One USB is full charging and the other is a lower amp and will only trickle charge.

Check what ma the charger is. If it is only 500ma, you may want to try a 1000ma charger instead.
Mine is 1000ma, but I have never hooked up an iphone or ipod to it, I mainly use it for charging my Nokia.

Look here.. Griffin charger

Says it will run apple products as well Smile

My Pugrun 2007/2009 video clips
Take a look

Pugrun 2007...Lose yourself Laugh

Xbox Live ID: Marksixysix (Forza 3, Forza 4 PES 2010, COD 6/MW2, WRC 2010).

PSN ID: MarkSixysix ( DiRT 3 GT5, NFS:Hot pursuit).

P1 Diablo red 6 gone but not forgotten Sad
Posted 26th May 2010 at 18:20
musclebeach

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Thanks bud i looked at that too, yeah it p*ssed me off as they suggest it charges all ipod and phones and powers basically all USB powered devices......my arse!

I'm guesing you're right, the ipod demands a higher amount of power to charge which the Cig lighter isn't giving.

I'll ring them up and have a chat with them about it and see what they suggest.

Thanks folks, i was wondering if anyone else had it too, just this muppet here by the looks of it Razz

Posted 27th May 2010 at 04:29