displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: I need help on Throttle Bodies
roberts_306

Senior User

Post #1
I have just purchased a set of Jenvey Throttle Bodies, in the box was 2 throttle bodoes 4 injectors, fuel rail, Pipercross air intake box, airhorns.

Do I need the following :-
Linkage Kit
Air Bypass Valve
Fuel Regulator

I know I need a Manifold & ECU but not sure on above + anything else I need to get it up a running

www.pugsport-racing.co.uk
Posted 21st May 2010 at 02:50
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #2
roberts_306 wrote:
I have just purchased a set of Jenvey Throttle Bodies, in the box was 2 throttle bodoes 4 injectors, fuel rail, Pipercross air intake box, airhorns.

Do I need the following :-
Linkage Kit
Air Bypass Valve
Fuel Regulator

I know I need a Manifold & ECU but not sure on above + anything else I need to get it up a running

You will need a linkage kit, are you intending to run the standard ECU? If not you will need one, and a loom. Plus a coil pack, a filter and backplate, a PAS pump relocation kit and autotensioner and shorter belt if you plan to use a dome filter (as it wont fit with the PAS pump in place) you will also need plug leads long enough to reach your new coil pack. If you intend to keep your Lambda, you will need a connector plug for it as it will most likely have a different connector on the loom than the one on your lambda.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 21st May 2010 at 03:29
stevocxt

Regular

Post #3
You wont necessarily need a new coil pack & leads. I'm running mine on an Emerald ECU which has a built in ignition amplifier so i'm using my existing coil packs.

Also you dont "need" an air bypass for the idle control as the ECU can be set up to enrich to fuelling to aid with cold start idle. It's really a matter of preference.

You may need a new throttle cable depending on the length of you current one.

Adjustable fuel regulator is highly recommended so the fuel pressure can be adjusted to suit your set-up.

A wideband lambda & controller is also a good upgrade but not essential.

Theres probably more that i've forgotten which i'm sure you'll find.
Posted 21st May 2010 at 04:11
roberts_306

Senior User

Post #4
So if I go Emerald I dont need a new coil pack but if I go Omex then I need a new coil pack?

What coil pack do I use?

What Emerald system is good?

www.pugsport-racing.co.uk
Posted 24th May 2010 at 13:18
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #5
roberts_306 wrote:
So if I go Emerald I dont need a new coil pack but if I go Omex then I need a new coil pack?

What coil pack do I use?

What Emerald system is good?

If you go Omex, you will need a Siemens 5WK9 0611 wasted spark coil pack or something the same. I can't really offer any advice on Emerald as i have no experience of them. Their M3D? is very popular though.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 24th May 2010 at 13:33
ken

Senior User

Post #6
the coil pack i bought was off a c20xe and seem to works fine!

pas relocation kit you can get from rich w with the right size belt
and you need the auto sprung tensioner from a gti 6.

as far as i know you dont need an air bypass valve but you need a fuel pressure regulator.

Team Black Rallye Big grin
xbox live - Xx 7 kenny 7 xX

Posted 24th May 2010 at 16:33