displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: Throttle position sensor
monkgti

Regular

Post #1
hi allWink while i was doin the head on my car i noticed that the TPS was dissconnected!! i never dissconnected it so it must of been done over 2 year ago before the woman bought it, now theres no engine managment light on and the car just passed the nct before we got it so that means it passed with this off! i dont notice anything wrong with the car, its idleing fine, reving fine and starting fine, and when the car went back together i reconnected it and the car wouldnt idle or run as smooth so i dissconnected it again and it ran ok, so is the sensor gone or would there be some other problem with wiring or somthing as there should be a managment light on with this plugged out shouldnt there Blink

IF YOU CAN READ THIS IM STILL IN 5TH!!!
Posted 17th May 2010 at 21:12
cosmic spanner

Moral objector

Post #2
No it will definitely have logged it (if you read the faults with a diag machine) but a TPS problem or it being disconnected won't have lit the dash warning light

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch..
..Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Project é - my 306 project thread.
Posted 17th May 2010 at 21:22
monkgti

Regular

Post #3
ah so it will definitly be the sensor at fault then? i just thought there might be some other problem as there was no light on the dash.... so what effect should the tps sensor gone or dissconnected actually have? because to me there never seemed any problem with the car running, and i would never of known the sensor was gone only for finding it while doing the head

Posted 17th May 2010 at 21:53
monkgti

Regular

Post #4
anyone??

Posted 19th May 2010 at 06:04
163wed

Post #5
@monkgti, hi. i don`t know what to answer to your question, but i have a problem and i know that you could help me.

can you make a picture of your tps sensor location under the hood please? im trying to fiind my tps sensor, but no luck.

please help.
thank you in advance.
Posted 25th Jul 2010 at 00:59
vernam616

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
I had problems with my TPS, unplugging it wont harm anything, it will just lose power and use a little more fuel than normal, the ECU just uses default values instead of the measured ones

When mine was playing up, it was noticed by a big jerking as i backed off the accelerator, once i disconnected it was fine but lost a bit of power and MPG

Best off buying another mate and changing it ! second hand might be your best bet as a brand new one will set you back £127 from euro car parts

Audi S3 Black Edition
Posted 25th Jul 2010 at 02:36
monkgti

Regular

Post #7
yeah mine has been unplugged since i bought it and i only noticed when doing the head, i got a new one and put in on but now ive noticed a slight pink when i put the boot down on hills in low revs and it seems a bit slower on starting aswell.... would the TPS cause these things? mabey ive just bought a dudd sensor or could it be somthing else and just a coinsidence that its happened at the same time ive changed the sensor?

Posted 26th Jul 2010 at 01:09