displaying posts 1 to 10 of 10

Author Subject: More Knocking!
adamski_306

Regular

Post #1
I'm getting a knocking coming from the front right, but haven't had a chance to have a look. It knocks when i'm turning, braking, over speedbumps...

Its recently had new springs, top mounts, droplinks, Any ideas on what its likely to be?
Posted 17th May 2010 at 18:21
will130787

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I have the same problem! Can't work out what it is.....

Ex Astor 6 owner Sad

Also an Ex owner of a Bianca 6 Sad

Now an ex owner of a 2005 9-3 2.0T 210bhp Aero Swedish Saloon thing!! Soon to be 250bhp.... Superman

Now driving Mk5 Golf GTTdi, mile muncher

But still live for the 306 Ninja
Posted 26th May 2010 at 14:16
smighall

Smeg-all

Post #3
ARB bushes Yes mine does the same

Meh

Seat Leon Cupra FR / 306 GTI6 / Breaking 205 GTI6 / Caterham 7 / Mercedes Sprinter 311CDI LWB

Sold: Fisher Fury - Laguna DCI Estate - P1 306 XSI - E30 BMW 325i Baur Convertible - Daihatsu Fourtack - Suzuki GSXR600 - 205 Rallye
Posted 26th May 2010 at 14:21
will130787

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Does it make a bit of cracking noise at slow speeds over bumps too mate?! Its kind of a rattling noise more than a knocking......

Ex Astor 6 owner Sad

Now an ex owner of a 2005 9-3 2.0T 210bhp Aero Swedish Saloon thing!! Soon to be 250bhp.... Superman

Posted 26th May 2010 at 14:36
jimmy9gti

Junior User

Post #5
will130787 wrote:
Does it make a bit of cracking noise at slow speeds over bumps too mate?! Its kind of a rattling noise more than a knocking......

Hi,
just a shot in the dark, you never know! It's not uncommon for coil springs to snap/ break on these. Only say this as you say more of a rattle.
Otherwise the normal stuff, ARB bushes, ball joint lower arm, top mount even maybe??.
Hope you get sorted.
Posted 26th May 2010 at 15:02
will130787

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
jimmy9gti wrote:
will130787 wrote:

Hi,
just a shot in the dark, you never know! It's not uncommon for coil springs to snap/ break on these. Only say this as you say more of a rattle.
Otherwise the normal stuff, ARB bushes, ball joint lower arm, top mount even maybe??.
Hope you get sorted.

Have checked the coil springs, there Eibach pros that are fairly new. Had the car up and its not them, cant really find anything obvious...

Ex Astor 6 owner Sad

Posted 26th May 2010 at 15:51
adamski_306

Regular

Post #7
jimmy9gti wrote:

Hi,
Hope you get sorted.

No its definately not the springs or topmounts as they are both relatively new. I think i'll take a look at the ball joints and ARB bushes over the weekend.

Could it even be a worn driveshaft?

will130787 wrote:

And yes it does Sad
Posted 26th May 2010 at 15:55
cescnathan

Regular

Post #8
I had this problem b4, replaced lot of parts but still the same, finally found the 2 years old right front Koni absorter cracked after warm up.

Hope it can help...
Posted 9th Jun 2010 at 09:09
bobdylan_55

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
driveshaft?.....

springs seating properly?

go round and check all bolts are tight

i had a problem on my celica a few months back and all it was, was a bolt was loose that was supporting the rear of the wishbone (wasnt even that loose tbh) but it was causing a massive knocking.

also check brakes and calipers etc are all bolted up nicely and fitting correctly.

309 GTi6-T
Posted 9th Jun 2010 at 10:07
scott.n

Junior User

Post #10
i have to got a knocking sound , before it was the drivers side mount seating needed re welding due to being broke away , did that and all fine then recently get knocking again but not the same knock as before so replaced both strut mounts , new drop links , new ball joints , new pinch bolts , new steering rack arm and tracking done and still seems to knock when turning right slightly vere to left and goes away! ... i know my P bushes are gone so its in for them tommorow fingers crossed it cures it!
Posted 9th Jun 2010 at 17:47