displaying posts 26 to 40 of 40

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: GTi from Lincolnshire
fletch

Track Head

Post #26
Car looks great, makes me miss mine. Moving back to Worksop soon so might see you around Thumbs up
Posted 19th Jul 2010 at 19:15
xsisid

Post #27
Nice looking pug mate. I also live in spilsby so may see you about. Thumbs up
Posted 21st Jul 2010 at 03:31
jonnyvandijk

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
Very nice!

Black 306 GTi-6 Ninja 175.8BHP SCA Norwich Project
Topaz Blue 205 CTI Happy
Posted 21st Jul 2010 at 04:04
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
That car is made better due to the doorcard I sold diack yonks ago Laugh Good to see this still looking nice given the frequent ownership changes after Diack007 Thumbs up

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 21st Jul 2010 at 04:08
orta

Senior User

Post #30
thugpuggin wrote:
That car is made better due to the doorcard I sold diack yonks ago Laugh Good to see this still looking nice given the frequent ownership changes after Diack007 Thumbs up

Doorcards are knackered nowerdays LOL

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

||B8s||60-70mm drop||Black Partner Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Refurbed Beam||Hybrid ARB||VTS Torsion Bar||
Posted 27th Jul 2010 at 03:37
orta

Senior User

Post #31
Bit of a marmite mod this one, but suprisingly easy to do. Went to the Old Man's house today to do a bit of spraying...

The result isn't perfect as the paint hasn't got into any of the small cracks etc. which are noticeable close up. I'll probably do it again when I get back off holiday & not masking tape it at all. :thumbs:

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

||B8s||60-70mm drop||Black Partner Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Refurbed Beam||Hybrid ARB||VTS Torsion Bar||
Posted 27th Jul 2010 at 03:39
orta

Senior User

Post #32
So as I said spent the days over at the old man's

Stretching the legs of my new Halfrauds Tool Kit box thiny (Down to £50!). I usually steer a clear of tool sets like these, but tbh for £50 it's got absolutely everything and would recommend it to anyone. Cool

First on the agenda was the lion which is detailed above, and second was painting my brake calipers. But I'd left the paint at home. So third on the agenda was my dash fascia.

Few things needed to be done behind there, so I'd been putting it off until I had the time and the bits I needed to do all the jobs in one. Having battles with the inner workings of a French Car's dash before I knew how taxing this can be.
No.1 job was I just needed to replace the entire fascia, as you can see in the pic above there's a nasty mark near the hazard light switch, and more scratch like marks near the stereo slot so I'd bought a fascia off eBay to fit.

Whilst I had the old fascia off I wanted to: Replace the bulbs behind there (Three were out at this point, so I replaced the lot so one wasn't brighter than another etc.), and get the stereo hooked up to the aerial. (Who in this car's past put this expensive sound system in, with this kickass HU, only to not spend £5 on an adaptor to get the radio!)

I had had serious thoughts to actually spraying it black, as I thought the original silver one I had looked odd. The one from eBay however turned out to be a much "moodier" silver, that suited the car's dark interior much better.

Some random in progress shots:

Two biggest hiccups were getting the air vents off. Which are a total sod, even if you know what you're doing. And changing the cigarette lighter over, as the fascia I bought came with a three prong and my car takes a two prong. So I had to jimmywiggle the old lighter socket out to fit the new fascia...

anyway, finished article: (Meant to take a picture in the dark, but it's still light at my bed time these days)

Me and the old man very pleased with a days wrk, even if we didn't get a chance to do the brake calipers. Next time gadget... next time...

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

Posted 27th Jul 2010 at 04:37
orta

Senior User

Post #33
More progress (It's painfully slow I know), and just a little one. STILL haven't had a chance to paint my calipers. It's really hard to try and find an opportunity to get a couple of days off in a row to allow them to dry for 24 hours. And when I did get the chance the other week... I couldn't get the feckin' wheels off!!

Anywayz, been in two minds about debadging the car for a while now. But I finally went ahead...

Apologies for dirty car, broken my hose the other day and it hasn't been cleaned since! LOL

I had the silver "Gti" with the red "6" which always bugged me. A mate of mine had debadged his 106 gti recently, so I managed to convince him to "lend" me his red gti badge!

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

Posted 31st Aug 2010 at 16:58
fletch

Track Head

Post #34
orta wrote:
broken my hose the other day and it hasn't been cleaned since!

Sounds painful Whistle
Posted 1st Sep 2010 at 03:27
orta

Senior User

Post #35
Hi all. This is the latest mod, been wanting to do this for ages, but various things got in the way... mainly the wheels!

I'd never done this to any of my cars before but always wanted to. Here some pics guys:

Used E-Tech paint, which a lot of folk don't like, but it's dried to a really nice deep red colour, and hasn't peeled or anything... yet!

Also, bought that Demon Shine that was advertized on the tele the other day. It seemed a bit to good to be true, well here's my results: (Anyone else used it?)

Looks fine far away. But when you look a bit closer:

Maybe it's just the way I used it, but it don't seem to have done my motor any good. Anyway cheers. guys.

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

Posted 15th Sep 2010 at 23:22
bobdylan_55

Seasoned Pro

Post #36
that last pic looks rough :| id wash it and get some decent meguiars polish on it.

309 GTi6-T
Posted 15th Sep 2010 at 23:31
forest1981

Seasoned Pro

Post #37
mcfc1987 wrote:
Yeah I went to millfied

I went to Millfield too Happy

ps3 i.d kyamtoby

Ex GTi-6 owner Sad

Posted 16th Sep 2010 at 02:40
mcfc1987

Seasoned Pro

Post #38
forest1981 wrote:
mcfc1987 wrote:
Yeah I went to millfied

I went to Millfield too Happy

Bloody hell lol

Posted 17th Sep 2010 at 17:48
orta

Senior User

Post #39
Wow, 4 years since I last updated this thread! Man I miss that Black GTi...

Anyone still Lincolnshire way on now I'm back living for the 306?

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

Posted 16th Jul 2014 at 20:04
orta

Senior User

Post #40
Going to be starting a project thread soon. But just wanted to wet the appetite and invite suggestions on my new long term project Black Rallye.

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

Posted 11th Aug 2014 at 21:31

Pages (2): 1 [2]