displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Pulley's this an upgrade?
mrp

Regular

Post #1
Found these in my garage I think they came off my j4r Xsi 16v and was thinking about putting them on my gti6

The ones on the left are the Xsi ones and on the right the Gti6 ones

The Xsi Crank pulley has hollow sections and is quite a bit lighter (anyone else come across these) and the larger pulley just seems the be in better condition and maybe slightly lighter, would there be issues fitting these on my gti6

Posted 11th May 2010 at 16:35
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #2
The pulley is just an old design vs. a newer one. I've seen RS engines with both designs on.

I haven't come across the sprocket on the right myself but I suspect that's the same - just an early design vs. a later one.

All the later RS engines I've seen have the hollow style sprocket. Only seen one or two early engines though, and I can't remember what they had on.

Rich
Posted 11th May 2010 at 16:40
mrp

Regular

Post #3
Cool so both the sprocket and pulley on the left of the pics are the later types?

Il be using them then Smile
Posted 11th May 2010 at 17:04