displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Cams Again Peter vs Piper advice
mrp

Regular

Post #1
Alright chaps I know this subject has been covered alot but I could do with a bit of advice from people who know more about camshafts than I do.

I have chosen to go with either the Piper 270 or Peters Stage 1 regrind mainly because of the clearance issues I have read about.

I am running throttle bodies some headwork and a Mappable Ecu, which of these cams is better, safer and going to give me more power!!!

Posted 8th May 2010 at 19:14
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
1.397mm of lift @ TDC from Pete's cam, 10.16mm lift, pretty close as you say, but hard to distinguish precisely what the difference is without seeing the curve or lift degrees @ 1mm from the piper cams.

petes cam has 221 degrees at 1.27mm.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 9th May 2010 at 23:43
mrp

Regular

Post #3
Does that mean from that info the piper is a slightly higher lifting cam.

Also am I right in saying if you uprate your inlet cam you can put a standard inlet cam as your exhaust cam as an upgrade? (and im not running a vacum pump)
Posted 10th May 2010 at 04:47