displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Where's the power gone!!
bainsey6403

Junior User

Post #1
Have owned my gti-6 for about 18 months ago having the odd minor problem as bought her spares repairs, got her back upto scratch and running well. Now i've been in NZ for 6 moths so she has been sat, when i got back i mot'd her and put her on the road where everything was fine but in the last couple of weeks it seems t have lost its mojo, only engine mods are a k&n filter element, decat, straight through pipe and scorpian back box, im religous with sevicing but cant understand why its lost its edge, i cain hr every now and again but nicely, the brakes aren't binding either, is there something im missing or have i just got used to the power again since i've been back. Any thoughts welcome!!!
Posted 6th May 2010 at 14:34
will130787

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I would have thought you have just got used to it mate, I would rolling road it and see what its producing.....

Ex Astor 6 owner Sad

Also an Ex owner of a Bianca 6 Sad

Now an ex owner of a 2005 9-3 2.0T 210bhp Aero Swedish Saloon thing!! Soon to be 250bhp.... Superman

Now driving Mk5 Golf GTTdi, mile muncher

But still live for the 306 Ninja
Posted 6th May 2010 at 15:56
monkeyman

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Try an oil change, fuel and air filter change, a tankfull of Shell V-Power/Optimax and a bottle of Forte injector cleaner.

Spanner Monkeys Monkey Spanner
Forum Search Clicky
Posted 7th May 2010 at 02:51
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Get it on diagnostic mate if you can Yes

I have had this for a while and just got round to having it looked at. Mine was the Coolant Temp sensor, and I can't believe how much better the car feels now its sorted.

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 7th May 2010 at 14:05