Post #101
The boot install looks very tidy Thumbs up

Team Astor Grey Supercharged GTI 6

Posted 10th Aug 2010 at 02:23
lwgti-6

Senior User

Post #102
Looks epic mate!..

I remember seeing the engine bay pick on p306.net.

EX Bianca 6 owner,
Now drives: Octavia vRS
Posted 10th Aug 2010 at 03:17
southernfool

Seasoned Pro

Post #103
That looks so nice! Good work with the install too that looks mean, also it looks a lot more modern then your usual P1, amazing what the later rear light clusters too. I think the only thing that tacks it up a bit is the sticker, rest is spot on though a pipercross muddy sounding induction kit would suite it too Wink
Posted 20th Aug 2010 at 20:01
knoxie

Regular

Post #104
looking good mate, reminds me of my S16 (RIP) lol keep up the good work and with the posts Big grin

ex S16 (K.I.A Sad )
GTI 6 Big grin
TEAM more scratches than an emo kid
TEAM BLACK
but wishing it was bianca white Sad
Posted 31st Aug 2010 at 18:11
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #105
Well, seen as I had a couple of weeks to myself...

Decided the engine bay wasn't quite clean enough so I bought a few things. Halfords are giving a £10 voucher for spending £50 or more at the minute so went a little crazy, decided to replace the old crappy K&N with a home built enclosed induction kit. It's a no brand carbon shielded cone filter that i've jubliee'd to the stainless elbow i made, and a cold air feed is going to run through a hole i'm cutting in the arch liner, round the front of the bumper and hopefully to an area with a throughflow of air to build up a bit of pressure. The ram air effect doesn't do much on these engines but can help to negate the resistance of the filter by building up a positive pressure to "force" the air through the filter. Just need to find a spot on the front bumper with the highest air pressure...

Whipped off the slam panel too, was a bit tired looking so that's been refurbed in graphite grey, same colour as the wheels

Sorry looking state, complete with dramatic rainfall

Primered:

Painted

Clear coated

And a nice shiny bonnet catch thanks to the wonder that is GUNK

I have some genuine Pug stickers like the Total oil sticker on order to return it to OE look. Should look lovely when refitted. Took the time to whip off a few other bits for painting too, yesterday I redid the coil pack cover in the colour matched Sigma i used for the spoiler and painted the top engine mount bridge in graphite grey too. Today i'm making a start on the inlet manifold, went for VW Diamond Silver as opposed to the generic "aluminium" colour I used last time. After having a few air leak issues last time I refitted it, it got covered in gasket sealant and petrol so the paint got ****ed. Debating whether or not to paint the resonator box graphite grey, guess that depends on how much paint I have left LOL:

Oh dewipered the rear too, just used a halfords grommet and some tiger seal as I couldn't get hold of a 106 dewipering bung anywhere, wouldn't have bothered with this normally but with adding the spoiler the back end was too fussy so this helps to declutter it. I'd get pictures but i've taken the spoiler off for now as i'd only tigersealed it on when the paint hadn't cured properly so it was falling off a bit. Couple of bolts should sort that Smile

Still got to fit the HD P-bushes and forward bushes when they arrive from KrisB, said they should arrive by today but Mr Postman's been already and didn't bring me any presents Sad Oh and i'll probably replace the wheel bearing today when I can be arsed.

Once all that's done.. I still have to give the whole car a proper detail. Can't clean the car til i wash some cloths though, they're all filthy. Might just GUNK the engine bay in preparation for the major cleaning sesh...

Here's the offending grime I couldn't get off with APC

And the way the engine bay was before yesterday, you can see the slam panel looking a bit sorry for itself and the old flaking stickers

Busy busy busy eh?

PS here's a pic to anyone thinking I can't fit a pram in the boot with the install. One pram, complete with the weekly shop LOL (ps there's shopping bags behind the pram too, i don't just live off rice and peas Whistle

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 19th Sep 2010 at 18:41
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #106
Spot the difference anyone?

Decided my lights looked a little foggy so hit them with some 1200, 1500 and finally some G3 by hand, you'd be blind not to see the difference!

Right half done

Bit further away

All done

Dremel'd a nice hole for the cold air feed to run through

And routed it round the wheel arch, only to find there's no space to get past the foglight. Doh.

Anyway figured i'd best start throwing the front end back together. Painted the fans graphite grey along with the slam panel and started bolting it all back up

But, just as you all know, it never goes smoothly first time. When trying to refit the bumper the fans were catching on the air con rad. Seems i'd bent it on removal and wasn't going to sit right. Had a play around with it and POP! it fell off. Hmm. Looks like the pipes were worse than i thought, good job I don't care so i just threw it away, aircon's been knackered for years!

One ****ed rad

And the reason it fell off

Ah well, all in the name of weight saving LOL

The observant among you will have noticed the lack of inlet manifold. Know why?

TA DAAA!

And then finally, one the rad's been binned and the manifold refitted, rebuilding begins....

Still to do:

Detail the car
Fit the wheel bearing/wishbone bushes
Clean the engine bay
Sort out the cold air feed

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 19th Sep 2010 at 18:43
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #107
ARGH ****ing weather. Set to on cutting the bodywork today only for a brief but heavy rain shower to **** up my mood. I had the car dried off quite nicely and was attacking it with the G3 and MOP, making good progress, and now everything's p*ss wet through again. I'd managed a couple of passes before the rain hit so hopefully there's not much more to do.

Anyway here's today's progress. My P-Bushes are delayed it seems, spoke to Kris who said they could take up to next Monday Sad As with anything Peugeot though, you can never get it done in the time required. That's why I booked two weeks off LOL

Washed with my new Turtle Wax Nano-tech shampoo, says its fast drying but doesn't seem any different to any other shampoo i've used. That'll be a waste of £6 then.

Couple of passes with G3 on the bonnet

Reflections after one pass on the sides

Was getting a bit anxious, bare paint lying out in the rain. Thankfully it brightened up in the evening though so I could finish the cleaning, took a couple of pics but lost the lead for my phone so no further updates Sad

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 19th Sep 2010 at 19:13
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #108
looking lovely mate,nice to have you back Thumbs up
Posted 19th Sep 2010 at 19:15
cosmic spanner

Moral objector

Post #109
Looking good Cool

Interesting about sorting out those frosted headlights too.. should get lots more light out of them now they're clean & clear?

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch..
..Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Project é - my 306 project thread.
Posted 19th Sep 2010 at 19:27
kit

Seasoned Pro

Post #110
I wish I could be arsed to do half as much as you Chris. You have tidied it up to no end Thumbs up

Racing driver, fighter pilot, astronaut, compulsive liar.
Posted 19th Sep 2010 at 19:28
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #111
Spanner, they seem to have improved a bit but they're still terrible. Might have to invest in some decent bulbs but tbh where I live there's street lights everywhere anyway, and it hardly gets driven at night. Maybe for the winter months though...

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 19th Sep 2010 at 20:40
chrisd306

Seasoned Pro

Post #112
get some hid's mate just fitted some there amence, although i could do with a set for the full beam thats brighter lol.

good to have you back mate!

In my garage just now

2003 BMW M3 & 2009 L200 Raging Bull
& Audi Q5 S Line
AX stock rod & Saxo Stock rod
Sold the bike an charged rallye an bought a caravan, midlife crisis or what!
Posted 19th Sep 2010 at 21:56
oecken

Seasoned Pro

Post #113
looking good, thought you were away this weekend...... Dunno

Chris YHPM btw

Sad Ex-Black 6 Ninja - Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.
Posted 19th Sep 2010 at 22:08
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #114
I was, only just back in Airdrie now! Was on my mobile at the services while Linzi changed the lil fella.

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 19th Sep 2010 at 22:53
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #115
Well given the recent promotion i think some shiny bits will be ordered over the next couple of months. So far the list reads:

PhillipM wavy front discs (when he next makes a batch)
RichW lightened flywheel
New clutch

Hyper

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 21st Sep 2010 at 02:04
vernam616

Seasoned Pro

Post #116
I usually hate phase 1's but this is very nice indeed Thumbs up

However please please remove them ghey skull/spanner stickers, really does spoil the car

EDIT: could now do with some shiney new number plates!

EDIT 2: ever used a tornador gun for interior cleaning or engine bay ?, if not try find someone who has, one of the best things ive ever purchased for a car

Audi S3 Black Edition
Posted 21st Sep 2010 at 02:49
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #117
vernam616 wrote:
I usually hate phase 1's but this is very nice indeed Thumbs up

However please please remove them ghey skull/spanner stickers, really does spoil the car

EDIT: could now do with some shiney new number plates!

EDIT 2: ever used a tornador gun for interior cleaning or engine bay ?, if not try find someone who has, one of the best things ive ever purchased for a car

Unfortunately stickers will stay as long as i have the car, just me i'm afraid Smile

As for the tornador gun, sounds interesting, i'll have a look into it. Numberplates are on the agenda but don't know if i want french ones or standard uk ones

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 21st Sep 2010 at 02:56
vernam616

Seasoned Pro

Post #118
Each to their own i suppose, IMO i think it spoils a nice car Dunno

The tornador gun is made in america and AutoSmart have a license to sell them, quite expensive + you'll need a compressor to use it

I have used mine on a few occasions and charged people, eventually it will pay for itself

Found this vid of "Allyrennie" using one on a lambo engine

http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc299/allyrennie/Lambo/?action=view¤t=TornadorGunInAction.flv

EDIT: whenever i buy a car i always buy a new set of plates for it, http://www.demonplates.com little bit more expensive than ebay specials but far better quality, just plain UK text with a GB/Euro blue badge down the left hand side

Audi S3 Black Edition
Posted 21st Sep 2010 at 03:16
:: blade ::

Senior User

Post #119
looking good this mate, when you advanced the cam, does it make much of a difference?

Black Ph1 XSi-6
161.8BHP (Getting Better!!!!)
Posted 21st Sep 2010 at 04:58
mr swampy s16

**BAD SELLER**

Post #120
the slam panels do look good in graphite dont they??

i had mine done like that, along with all the bits in the engine bay adnrest of car

really must make a start on the 406 once i can walk again
Posted 21st Sep 2010 at 16:49
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #121
blade, it seems to have made some difference, picks up revs quicker and smoother. They aren't advanced too much though, i was bricking it in case i crunched the valves LOL

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 21st Sep 2010 at 22:53
:: blade ::

Senior User

Post #122
haha ok cheers, will get mine done then when i get the cambelt and stuff changed Smile

Black Ph1 XSi-6
161.8BHP (Getting Better!!!!)
Posted 22nd Sep 2010 at 01:02
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #123
Woop woop, more shiny things LOL

My new wheel arrived from Rally Design, i'm not one to pay double the going rate just for a badge so i bought the RMD Malaga 350mm suede wheel with black spokes. Feels lovely to touch (at least until it gets worn LOL) and is a much more subtle change. Incidentally now i'd accept an offer of £35 + postage for the old Momo one. /blatantplug

Before

After

Still need to clean the interior though, just worked the last 7 days so not really had chance for a proper clean, and the tobacco makes the seat look like it has holes in it Dry

Other bits that have arrived recently are the Meyle heavy duty P-bushes and OE forward wishbone bushes. They were the last things that needed changing at the front suspension-wise and the steering's now tighter than Mo Mowlam's untouched ugly virgin fanny.

f*ck you wishbone bushes, taste FIRE! Devil

Blue carpet from an S16 is on the way too now, wanted one ever since I got the car but it's hard as hell to get one in half decent nick, most are mouldy sitting in scrapyards but got one for £30, hopefully arrive in the next couple of days. Having the interior out is a good reason to fix the wobbly seats too, anyone any advice for tightening the bolt at the front of the left-hand subframe on the driver's seat? Can't find a bas**rding tool that'll fit there Sad

So um.. steering wheel, bushes, carpet... think that's all for now? Once my wages go up (unfortunately wasn't in time for this payday) i'll be getting my lightened flywheel and new clutch, and my heater matrix/thermostat are getting sorted at some point this month ready for the "deep freeze" the scare merchants are warning us about now that BP have royally f*cked up the gulf stream. Win.

One last thing, i said I love shiny bits..

Cool Laugh my ass off

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 1st Oct 2010 at 23:04
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #124
In regards to removing the seat mate,just remove handbrake surround then remove plastic cover on seat and easier access to bolt! Wizard
Posted 1st Oct 2010 at 23:35
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #125
Legend, never thought of that. Struggled for ages last time and ended up just leaving it half in Laugh my ass off

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 1st Oct 2010 at 23:42

Pages (21): first .. 4 [5] 6 .. last