displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: speedo and rev counter not working
foxy6

Regular

Post #1
hi guys iam new to forum and my first 306 gti6 its in need of tlc as previos owner didnt really care for it. first problem i want sorted is speedo and rev counter dont work a mate had a spare set of clocks i tried them and still nothing its got me baffled as both are not working i have checked all fuses but are ok please helpBig grin
Posted 1st May 2010 at 03:39
foxy6

Regular

Post #2
has no one any advice done searches on here and tried most things fuses differnt clocks took every sensor from under bonnet and sprayed with wd40 still no joySad
Posted 3rd May 2010 at 23:05
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Check the connections behind the clocks. May have come adrift. Also Check fuses and earth's.

My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?
Posted 3rd May 2010 at 23:09
foxy6

Regular

Post #4
hi guys please help i have took every fuse/relay off car and nothing, i have tried differnt clocks, wires behind clocks, all earths, took the speed sensor off gearbox and cleaned, still no speedo/tachometer and miles not going up everything else works.
where do the wires go to for the rev counter to check them. i dont want to replace things unless i certain its thatSad bloody french electricsAngry
Posted 6th May 2010 at 17:57
jay_gti6

Junior User

Post #5
my moto if it cant be fixed with a hammer its fooked Big grin

N.C.F.C
GTI-6 black

TEAM PHASE 2
TEAM BLACK GTI-6
TEAM COST-A-LOT-IN-FUEL
Posted 7th May 2010 at 04:21
foxy6

Regular

Post #6
worked on car last night till 22.30
found that there is no live feed being recieved from ecu to speedo/tacho so there is my problem, just probably some broken wiresWhistle now to find themLOL
Posted 7th May 2010 at 14:53