displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: side indicators annoying problem :-(
marco gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #1

Hello fellow 6 and rally owners!!!

I hop you lads are enjoying your week end and the same good weather as we are back here in Luxembourg.

But now to my problem:

My brothers 6 left side indicator (front,side,rear)are continually on without going on and off as they should, they also don't klick like usually when you use it.

We checked the fuses inside the car as well as the ones in the engine bay. Finnaly we just decided to take the rear and side bulbs out and disconnect the front indicator.

I think you guys can imagine that this is really annoying, so if anyone ever experienced this with their 6 or rally, please point me in the right direction to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance and enjoy the rest of your week end!!!!

Marco
Posted 25th Apr 2010 at 01:48
smithers

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I would suggest looking at the indicator stalk(controls) themselves or the indicator relay which is underneath the steering wheel Thumbs up

1997 Black GTi6
smithers205 at hotmail.com
Posted 25th Apr 2010 at 02:10
marco gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Thanks mate! I'll check it tomorrow right away.
Posted 25th Apr 2010 at 04:50
kit

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
It may be worth also looking at the alarm ECU. My old Impreza use to do this, sometimes with one indicator, sometimes with both!

It turned out to be the alarm ECU. It was about 12 years old anyway. I replaced it with a new alarm and bingo, problem solved.

It will most likely be the relay but if that isn't the cause it may be worth looking into the alarm.

Racing driver, fighter pilot, astronaut, compulsive liar.
Posted 26th Apr 2010 at 01:15
simon farmer

Post #5
I also had a bad connection on the stalk, there are a few really long metalic pins that can eventually go.
Posted 26th Apr 2010 at 01:17
marco gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Thanks lads!!! I had no time to check this today, but i'll comme back to this post once I've tried all the above mentioned stuf>

Thanks
Posted 26th Apr 2010 at 02:43