displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Petrol smell??????
swiftyboi006

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Hi am new on here and have only had my 6 for nearly 2 months, all is well apart from sometimes i get a strong petrol smell when i boot it into the high rev range 4000 + was wondering if anyone had any idea of what this could be?

Cheers

cherry p1.....SOLD (regreting this)
blaze p2.....why did i buy this SOLD
Black p3 Love
Posted 23rd Apr 2010 at 03:16
black 6

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Check the plastic blocks green and white iirc on the fuel lines for any leaks, its a common problem. They are near the left hand top engine mount.

Although it's no longer available new, it's worth trying to get hold of a good example second-hand. As GTi's get tubbier and cooler, it's nice to remind yourself of why insurance companies hate hot-hatches so much.-Top Gear on the 6 Apr '01. Black 6
Posted 23rd Apr 2010 at 03:50
swiftyboi006

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
I have checked both the white and green plastic bits there all ok and the pipes from it are ok. Still puzzled as to why this smell happens????????

cherry p1.....SOLD (regreting this)
blaze p2.....why did i buy this SOLD
Black p3 Love
Posted 23rd Apr 2010 at 23:37