displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Cylinder Head Removal
anthony_p_59

Senior User

Post #1
righto guys here go's.

i've got all the symptoms leading to head hasket faliure. losing coolant, rough on start up until the suspective coolant has cleared from the cylinder etc etc...

when removing the head does it involve the engine timing? eg does it have to be locked while you remove the head? i think this is the most critical part.

not read the haynes manual yet and can't find an faq, but the old man is a diesel fitter and competent with the spanners so if it's not too much bother we'll have a crack at changing the gasket ourselves.

any help appreciated. cheers Thumbs up
Posted 22nd Apr 2010 at 18:13
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
yes, definitely, lock the cams firstly, then you can check if the bottom pulley has moved, i.e if the pin slides in, all is good, if not, bin it.

most PITA bit in my experience is the exhaust manifold if the nuts don't come off easily, if they do then there's nothing particularly difficult about the job.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 22nd Apr 2010 at 18:31
monkgti

Regular

Post #3
does the manifold have to be bolted off from the head or can it be just disconnected at the down pipe to take the head off?

IF YOU CAN READ THIS IM STILL IN 5TH!!!
Posted 22nd Apr 2010 at 19:40
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
I'd guess its probably possible but I wouldn't bother trying for fear of damaging the rad, or knocking a valve on something, they aren't light things especially with the manifold still attached.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 22nd Apr 2010 at 20:22
anthony_p_59

Senior User

Post #5
cam pulley has moved, was on the look out for an alloy one.
Posted 22nd Apr 2010 at 22:45