displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Black Supercharged 205 GTI 5
205gti6_ro

Regular

Post #1
So last april i bought this 205 1.6 gti for very little money because it had HG failure and no tax or MOT with the intention of fitting a 306 gti 6 engine. it was only 50miles away but getting it back was a right pain. and it didnt help with nosey people phoning the police! Angry:

next i found this gti 6 for £400 with a good engine but had high miles, i was over the moon. i was thinking about selling it and buying another engine which had low mile but i knew this one was running and ok so in the end i decided to break it which was a good idea. i made £600+ back and i scrapped the shell. so got a free engine and £200.

all that money went back into the car thought. getting the loom done, 309 running gear with PAS rack, new cambelt, water pump etc

to be quite fair i rushed it last summer fitting the engine as i wanted to get it on the road asap but as little things got in the way and annoyed me, motivation soon dried up and so did the money.

i didnt get many pictures as i was fitting the engine as i was rushing like mad but heres one with the engine in. not alot to show really.

and heres how she sat towards the end of the summer

with all the money gone i tried selling her but had no luck so decided i would store her away till i decided what i wanted to do. in october i started a new job earning stupid money so straight away i had fresh funds to spend on her. one of the reasons i gave up hope was because i found a huge rust patch on the sill and that was the last straw. so now i had fresh money, i had fresh motivation so i jacked her right up and decided i would tackle the whole of the rear. i dropped the axle and tank so i could do the welding and paint the underneath and fit new brake lines.

i also decided i would rebuild the axle and change to disc's. the main reason being i found out i had a base model axle on Angry: heres the only pic i have before i fitted it to the car Razz

also fitted BakerBM solid mounts as well and had loads of bits powder coated. thats quite addictive LOL: ended up getting bits done that i shouldnt have.

i will take more pictures of the back when its all finished.

now that rear was coming together i turned my attention to the engine. i was already impressed with how quick it was but like all of us that power wasnt enough. i was considering going down the TB's and cams but then i came across Garrys supercharged 205 and the idea grew on me straight away. i saw the kit forsale on the 306 gti 6 forum and put a deposit down on it straight away. the chap i bought it off was a top bloke as i had problems with my bank so couldnt get the rest of the money to him as soon as i wanted to but he didnt mind waiting which i appreciated.

and this is what i got Big grin

reading from Garry's thread i already knew i would have problems with the inlet manifold being too long so as soon as it arrived i got onto rich w to get it made shorter. luckly rich had one already which he kindly straight swapped with me Big grin so less pennys to spend there which was brilliant

up to now i havent really done much apart from save save save but last monday i stripped the body work down i sent her in for spraying so she left me looking like this

shes only going in for a quick spray to look pretty for the summer as i plan to fit a non sunroof roof in the winter

and i also paid for my charger and ecu, so hopefully that wont be too long Big grin so now its just a waiting game till everything turns up

i havent decided about an intercooler yet but was more of thinking about going down the chargecooler route. whats peoples opinions on this?

anyways hopefully there will be lots more pictures to come with in the next few weeks Cool

Posted 17th Apr 2010 at 04:16
will130787

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Thats going to be silly quick! You going to strip her out and lighten too?

Good luck Wink

Ex Astor 6 owner Sad

Also an Ex owner of a Bianca 6 Sad

Now an ex owner of a 2005 9-3 2.0T 210bhp Aero Swedish Saloon thing!! Soon to be 250bhp.... Superman

Now driving Mk5 Golf GTTdi, mile muncher

But still live for the 306 Ninja
Posted 18th Apr 2010 at 02:30
lotek

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
gonna be a beast! Thumbs up for seing it through.
Posted 18th Apr 2010 at 02:54
mr2swzo

Regular

Post #4
Cant believe the 306 was scrapped as it looked spot on. Oh well -1 more gti-6 = smaller numbers = higher future values. Now you have started your build may i wish you luck and i'm sure it will be a mighty fast 205.
Posted 18th Apr 2010 at 04:53
rwgti

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Looks like it will be an absolute weapon when done mate Smile

Team Astor Grey Supercharged GTI 6

Posted 18th Apr 2010 at 14:28
205gti6_ro

Regular

Post #6
will130787 wrote:
Thats going to be silly quick! You going to strip her out and lighten too?

Good luck Wink

no, i want to keep it looking standard as possible on the outside and inside really. people are too nosey round here and will start to ask too many questions otherwise LOL

mr2swzo wrote:
Cant believe the 306 was scrapped as it looked spot on. Oh well -1 more gti-6 = smaller numbers = higher future values. Now you have started your build may i wish you luck and i'm sure it will be a mighty fast 205.

to be honest there wasnt anything really wrong with it, had slight rear quarter damaged but wouldnt have cost much to fix but for £400 you can only just about buy a complete engine for that with 'supposedly' low miles off ebay so thats why i broke it for spares Razz
Posted 18th Apr 2010 at 16:29