displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Fan wont kick in
southernfool

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
My fan wont kick in, I have tried disconnecting the brown sensor to see if it was that but it still wont kick in when I do that, what else can I look for testing, is there an earth for it? Could be the fans themselves but if there is anything I can still test before taking it to a garage that would be great.
Posted 12th Apr 2010 at 18:18
scott.n

Junior User

Post #2
I had similair problems mate , except i changed loads of other things first , but my advice would be to check your bitron fan unit controller , its a wee black box located under your passanger head light bolted to the under side of the chassis , best way to get to it is remaove the passanger splash guard and its up above your horns , pull the red clip out that holds the plug in check for any corrosion on the plug and the unit , spray some wd 40 see if that works if not would change it over , i just did mine and its back to normal Big grin worth a check mate , and i purchased a second hand bitron unit for £20 delivered of here so just keep an eye out for someone braking a 6 Smile
Posted 12th Apr 2010 at 19:00
southernfool

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Thanks I will look out for that, any idea if there is an earth for it as well?
Posted 12th Apr 2010 at 19:46
enanthate

Junior User

Post #4
Out of interest......What temp should the fan kick in? I was in traffic today and temp got to about 95 and fn did not cut in, is this normal? Was in te traffic for 5 mins or so.
Posted 20th Apr 2010 at 02:01
southernfool

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Temp shouldnt be getting near the red, not sure of the exact temp though, should sit in the middle though I think?
Posted 20th Apr 2010 at 16:59
iplay

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Fans cut in on 97 and 107 degrees
Posted 20th Apr 2010 at 17:01