displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: ticking/tapping.. bear with me!
mike306

Senior User

Post #1
I know there are loads of threads on this sort of thing already, but like I say bear with me.
Basically the car definately wasn't a tapper when I bought it, the head had previously been repaired by Carl at 115k. (124 now)
However I did think it sounded a little bit tappy and after reading up on here, tightened the spark plugs which made it sound much quieter.

But now it seems the noise is back, so once again I made sure the plugs were nice and tight, but this time it hasn't made a diference.
I've also heard it could be the injectors, but surely the noise they make wouldn't increase suddenly...

The only other thing I can think of is I took it in to the local garage to have the aux. belt rollers/tensioners looked, as there seams to be a whirring noise. Anyway they drove it and said there was no point in taking the belt off to check them as they thought it was normal. Dry

But anyway, I don't *think* they've touched anything, but it seems odd that it's only just started since I got the car back. Unsure

Got 2 vids, sound isn't the best but you should be able to hear it

vid1

vid2

High boost '6 for weekends
406 2.1 Executive for weekdays
Posted 9th Feb 2011 at 02:09
tim kirton

Regular

Post #2
go and see john at westcoast automotive in blackpool mate his number is 01253761728 he is an awesome pug mechanic!

179bhp @ 6100rpm
165lb-ft @ 4000rpm
Posted 24th Apr 2010 at 02:24
will130787

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Your lump sounds like my current one and my previous, just injectors imo mate.

Due a good flush out and oil change? Like mine!

Ex Astor 6 owner Sad

Also an Ex owner of a Bianca 6 Sad

Now an ex owner of a 2005 9-3 2.0T 210bhp Aero Swedish Saloon thing!! Soon to be 250bhp.... Superman

Now driving Mk5 Golf GTTdi, mile muncher

But still live for the 306 Ninja
Posted 24th Apr 2010 at 16:26
mike306

Senior User

Post #4
Well I've tried the screwdriver "stethoscope method" (felt like a bit of a fool listening to the end of a screwdriver LOL) and there is a definate ticking from the injectors, so now I'm wondering if having them cleaned would help quieten them down a bit? Hopefully it is just the injectors, maybe I'm just paranoid Mellow

Posted 3rd May 2010 at 04:42
ronburgandy

Junior User

Post #5
Just wondering if you got your injectors sorted - did it get rid of the ticking?
Posted 8th Feb 2011 at 14:19
mike306

Senior User

Post #6
Not yet, it's on my to do list. Sorting out the suspension at the moment!

Posted 10th Feb 2011 at 02:41