displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Car wont start, Stop light, oil pressure light, battery light an
mpaul

Regular

Post #1
Car wont start, Stop light, oil pressure light, battery light and engine management light.

Came to leave work today, and car didnt start easily. Now it wont start and all of the above lights are on!

Any idea what the problem is, could it be overfilled with oil?

As it has just had an oil change.

Apart from that, it just started suddenly doing this, and I can't use the car Sad
Posted 8th Apr 2010 at 04:30
mpaul

Regular

Post #2
Anyone? Really need my car back on the road asap
Posted 8th Apr 2010 at 02:12
mpaul

Regular

Post #3
Well. Started from ground up.

Did an ECU reset just now, and despite the lights still being on when I first turned on the ignition, when I started the car it started first time, and the ligts cleared.

Only time will tell, but it seems ok at the moment.
Posted 9th Apr 2010 at 19:07
mpaul

Regular

Post #4
Well the problem arose again, so had the map sensor off and cleaned ir. After that I got some hunting issues and it was doing the stalling thing again.

I ordered a new one from ECP, and they sent the wrong bloody one.

Despite this, it now seems to work ok. The issues coincided with me filling up with 99ron from Tesco at Inverness, as they just started selling it. I have since used that, and have now gone through a full tank of 95 ron from my local garage, and it now works fine, no issues whatsoever!

Could dodgy petrol of been the cause, or does my car just not like 99 ron?
Posted 24th Apr 2010 at 17:42