displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: battery to boot question
gtomi-6

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
can someone please show me where to put the whole through in the bulkhead for the cable. this is the only bit thats holding me up.pictures woudl be great. thanks Tom

ph3 gti-6 china blue- mint condition
ph2 gti-6 nile blue K.I.A dec 2010
Posted 8th Apr 2010 at 00:40
rikky 🦔

Post #2
make one! only need a small 13mm dia hole or something to passs the cable and some protective sleeving through

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 8th Apr 2010 at 05:25
gtomi-6

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
i have got the cable runnign from the boot , down the center to the dash where i have a cut off switch, then i got it runnign to the passenger footwell. now im stumped as where the best place woudl be to put whole through was goign to do a 20mm hole with grommet and seal it in. pictures would be handy.

Posted 8th Apr 2010 at 05:34
monkeyman

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Do a search for sub/amp wiring I'm sure I took some pictures of my routing.

If you lift the passenger carpet from the footwell, there is an aircon pipe going through the bulkhead with a large rubber surround, you can squeeze an amp cable through it.

Spanner Monkeys Monkey Spanner
Forum Search Clicky
Posted 9th Apr 2010 at 15:36
rikky 🦔

Post #5
just put it through the raised/embossed round-cornered rectangle section on the bulkhead at about gearbox-mount-cover height

dont forget to vent battery gas out of the car too (unless its a fancy battery)

my battery to boot guide is too vague tbh and im not happy with doing it that way anymore so should alter it really

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 8th Apr 2010 at 20:46
gtomi-6

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
cheers for the help guys

Posted 9th Apr 2010 at 05:17