displaying posts 26 to 27 of 27

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Turbo for Xmas?
bobdylan_55

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
pugheaven wrote:
bobdylan_55 wrote:
as a rough guide, ive gone about it by making all my own manifolds which saved me about £700 over the dp one, however im still in the £3-4k region and its not finished yet ...

How come its costing so much with out the cost of forged bits and saving money on manifold?

uprating the gearbox to a ml5t to cope with power. gearbox costs, clutch costs (not cheap), then new pedal box as its hydraluic where as my 309 is cable.

then you have things such as decomp plates £160 or so.

and all the little bits add up, for example blow off valve with fitting kit your looking at £80 for a cheap one, same with waste gate. Its all the things you dont think about that cost the money, for example injectors, covers, engine mounts, materials etc.

In all fairness, the 3-4k i have spent includes the car and engine as i did not already have them, so if you have them then take off £1k straight away. If done properly and you dont end up buying the wrong things and you already own the car and engine then £2k and you may just do it.

309 GTi6-T
Posted 14th Apr 2010 at 21:25
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
pugheaven wrote:
quote:
Probably. Wont be ready for a few years though Doh

Have you had any work done by them? Did my conversion in less than a week and had loads of work doneDry i was a very happy manSmile

I have actually quite a long time ago but it was just swapping springs so was done within a day. Im not saying the work that they do is bad but a lot of the projects i have seen in the past tended to drag on with people left waiting and waiting. Think it was just a case of them being a tad too optimistic with their planning Yes

Just Drive It
Posted 14th Apr 2010 at 21:30

Pages (2): 1 [2]