displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: bitron unit
jackcross1989

Regular

Post #1
hi just checking my bitron unit as the fans dont work , has any one got a pic so i can see if im looking at the rite thing, i got a black box with g carter 12v written on it, and i removed it from jujst above the nearside foglight above the horn looking things ( i guess they are the horns)cheers

if it is the bitron all the connection look fine? is there a way of testing if these are defective
cheers
Posted 2nd Apr 2010 at 20:47
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
That's it.

It controls the fans so if they come on at 97 slow speed and close off at 90. Or come on at 107 high speed.

Have you checked the loom connection between the fan unit and main loom? The contacts corode and make the fans do all sort of mental things.

I'd be checking these before buying brown sensors and bitrons...

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 2nd Apr 2010 at 20:54
jackcross1989

Regular

Post #3
oh k cheers, ye checked all the wireing and connections, everything seems fine, and the bitron unit looked fine, no look of water damage whatsoever, so im pretty much guarenteeing its the brown sensor, btw does anyone have one for sale?
cheers
Posted 3rd Apr 2010 at 00:19
rudolf

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Unplug the brown sensor and the fans should come on full after a few seconds.

S Reg Diablo standardsSpec SORNED
R Reg Nile standard spec written off then repaired
X Reg Astor in need of TLC
R Reg Nile to restore
Set of Lions to fit.
Posted 3rd Apr 2010 at 15:50
gtiry

Post #5
I may have one for sale, bought by mistake the other day and pug wont take it back, will double check i definately dont need it and get back to you of your interested?
Posted 4th Apr 2010 at 03:40