displaying posts 1 to 16 of 16

Author Subject: stop light!
jackcross1989

Regular

Post #1
hi,
my stop light came on when starting up my car today, i left the car for about 3 hour came back and its back off, it has been raining badly and i have been driving it about 20 miles today so i reckon it must be a dodgy temp sensor or bitron unit getting soaked, no oil light came on and the oil level water level and water temp where all fine.
is this something to be worried about?
Posted 29th Mar 2010 at 22:43
jackcross1989

Regular

Post #2
justbeen out for a drive and all was fine till i hit a pothole, but coming back i pulled put the blue sensor next to the brown one for the fan bypass and the styop light went out, so i reckon definatly the bitron unit?
anyone else with me?
Posted 29th Mar 2010 at 23:08
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3
blue sensor is the one that drives the gauge and warning light, so yes the light will go out if you unplug it LOL

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 29th Mar 2010 at 23:13
jackcross1989

Regular

Post #4
but if the temp was fine, then it must be faulty blue plug or bitron unit? am i wrong? i guess that only makes the stop light go on if the water temp exceeds a certain amount?
Posted 29th Mar 2010 at 23:18
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #5
the stop light has nothing to do with the bitron unit afaik.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 29th Mar 2010 at 23:18
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
i take it you rebuilt yor engine then ?

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 29th Mar 2010 at 23:25
jackcross1989

Regular

Post #7
welshpug! wrote:
the stop light has nothing to do with the bitron unit afaik.

oh im only going on what ive found out from the search button. what does it suggest is at fualt then ya reckon?
Posted 29th Mar 2010 at 23:29
jackcross1989

Regular

Post #8
jimmyrallye wrote:
i take it you rebuilt yor engine then ?

no i got another one put in. havent been driving it long due to other problems with it, been a nightmare since i bought the thing lol.
Posted 29th Mar 2010 at 23:30
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
bad times mate you did get a raw deal there, hope you get everything sorted you need some luckWink

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 29th Mar 2010 at 23:31
jackcross1989

Regular

Post #10
jimmyrallye wrote:
bad times mate you did get a raw deal there, hope you get everything sorted you need some luckWink

if you really wanna know how unlucky i been , i got another engine put in about 2 months ago and the big ends went again within 50 miles, so ive done about 100 miles in this thing and gone through two engine, big ends arent even a common problem from what i heard, and the last engine seemed fine. hopefully this one will be alright, just trying to sort out the niggles, starting to wish i never bought the thing. lol
Posted 29th Mar 2010 at 23:45
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
bloody hell that is bad luck i owned a gti 6 and rallye and never had any troubled engines, i cant imagen how you feel and how much money you spent but touch wood you can start to enjoy these cars and hopefully see you criusing about Cool

Posted 29th Mar 2010 at 23:51
gazzerdaman

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
The Bitron unit is connected to the stop light. IIRC there is a diagram in the FAN FAQ showing it

Gary

Cherry Red GTi 6
Posted 29th Mar 2010 at 23:55
jackcross1989

Regular

Post #13
jimmyrallye wrote:
bloody hell that is bad luck i owned a gti 6 and rallye and never had any troubled engines, i cant imagen how you feel and how much money you spent but touch wood you can start to enjoy these cars and hopefully see you criusing about Cool

ye sucks ass, im half tempted to put it for sale again, but ill see how it goes. touch wood all is fine, yeah spect i might see you somewhen ,im sometimes down portsmouth not often but now and then
Posted 29th Mar 2010 at 23:57
jackcross1989

Regular

Post #14
gazzerdaman wrote:
The Bitron unit is connected to the stop light. IIRC there is a diagram in the FAN FAQ showing it

hm thought it was, also i am pretty sure my bitron unit needs cleaning or replaceing as ive had 3 engines in and all of them the fans have not worked unless the brown sensor is removed and the relays where all checked, fingers crossed its just the bitron

cheers
Posted 29th Mar 2010 at 23:58
gazzerdaman

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
The fan cowling multiplug can corrode and cause the stop light to come on

Gary

Cherry Red GTi 6
Posted 30th Mar 2010 at 00:41
jackcross1989

Regular

Post #16
gazzerdaman wrote:
The fan cowling multiplug can corrode and cause the stop light to come on

cheers gazzerdaman, i just realised i had a blue sensor off my old engine that seemed fine, so i just swapped that over and drove for about 10 mins and it seems fine so far , no stop light has come on, btw is the fan cowling multiplug the loom bit with the three different coloured plugs on?

cheers
Posted 30th Mar 2010 at 00:57