displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Disconnecting Bottom Hose
chiefy

Regular

Post #1
Just wondering if anyone can help me, I'm having some serious issues getting my bottom rad hose to come off of the radiator!

I have the whitish connector so as far as I have read on here I'm just meant to pull it out, is that right?

The problem is that it's just not coming at all, are there any special ways to get it out? I really don't want to cut the pipe as I don't have a replacement right now.

Any help will be appreciated!
Posted 27th Mar 2010 at 17:52
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
have you pulled the metal clip out?

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 27th Mar 2010 at 18:19
chiefy

Regular

Post #3
Yeah I've done that, there's nothing else holding it on is there? It should just pull out shouldn't it?
Posted 27th Mar 2010 at 21:35
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
yup!

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 27th Mar 2010 at 23:30
chiefy

Regular

Post #5
Thanks, that's exactly what I thought but I was kinda hoping I was wrong as this is becoming a major ballache!

I've pulled and pulled on it but it's not budging, even in the slightest. So I have now decided to try and disconnect the whole hose from the back of the engine and I'm just going to remove the rad with it attached.

However the problem now is that the hose isn't having any of that either, it wont detach from that end as well! Am I doing something wrong here? I released the clamp holding the hose onto the connector and simply started pulling, surely there's nothing else holding it on?

This is starting to get very frustrating and I need my car at sometime tomorrow so any help will be much appreciated, just need to get the ruddy thing off!
Posted 28th Mar 2010 at 04:37
webster

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
I had same problem earlier, I pulled really hard to get it off.

I got one off a 6 and one off a rallye earlier, it wasn't fun at all!

cress87 wrote:
I'm stopped for speeding on a daily basis but now the police are aware that I live for the 306 they dare not interfere, just sit in their cars quaking as I drive past.
Posted 28th Mar 2010 at 05:21