displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Poorly engine
mr2swzo

Regular

Post #1
I have noticed that the coolant was seeping out of the radiator cap, i undone the bleed screw at the matrix, thermo & rad. Little coolant came out of the matrix and throffy bubbles came out of the thermostat housing. Tons of coolant and bubbles came out of the rad bleed screw and the coolant overflowed out of the cap point. I done up the rad bleed screw but could hear noises so i opened it up and it blew steam out as high as my garage roof under some serious pressure. I then heard a knocking noise and turned it off straight away SH*T i thought. But has plenty of oil and there is still coolant in the reservoir tank albeit a low amount. I noticed mayo in the oil cap but i dont use the car and have not done since last september so thought it was down to that. Is this hgf? I'm not sure where the knocking is coming from? That is a worry.

Regards
Ste.
Posted 25th Mar 2010 at 19:02
blaze wip

Senior User

Post #2
I take it the engine was up to temp while you were doing this? How long was it running for after you lost your coolant mate?
Mayo in the oil could indicate hg failure, what's the oil like at the dipstick? Is it milky?
I could maybe have a run through at the weekend if you want? Give me a bell.
Gutted for you kidda 'cause your cars soooo clean!

Rob

mechanical_repairs wrote:

i feel like giving her a good dry bumming session.
Posted 25th Mar 2010 at 19:35
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Sounds like air in the system somehow.
You really shouldn't take off the cap if its already trying to escape!

Bleed it through properly then see how it goes.

Nothing to see here
Posted 25th Mar 2010 at 19:44
mr2swzo

Regular

Post #4
I checked the dipstick and it's fine no water in oil or mayo. Ummmm i think it's possibly a bleeding thing hopefully anyway, i think the cap seal maybe faulty. The pipes are red hot and squeesable so can't be that much pressure. I think the steam was due to a low water level?

Thanks for the replies lads! Thumbs up

cheers
steve.
Posted 25th Mar 2010 at 22:23