displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: fuel rail removal
marco gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Hi fellas,

So i was thinking about cleaning up my engine bay for the spring.

I'm considering to get a Tornadorgun which allyrenie a forummember demonstraded on here a while back to clean my camcovers and manifold. The fuelrail hs some rusty ugly spots, so i'm thinking about sandblasting the rail and respray in black.

So now to my question (sorry if this is a noob question) , once I remove the fuel rail i supose there will be fuell coming out. How should I proceed to prevent fuel from leaking? And whst type of spray cans (primer, colour, vernis??) will i need to get the rail nicely gloss black and not to peel of after a few months??

Thanks in advance,
Marco
Posted 21st Mar 2010 at 05:36
zac

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Have some tissue handy for when you're pulling the lines off. Laugh

Hit the limiter in 6th gear at 169mph (GPS - TomTom on the German autobahn). Still pulling like a train too. Cheers

- Phase 3 GTi-6 (409hp 'charged weekend toy)
- Phase 2.5 Rallye (daily driver)

R.I.P Pete Sims
Posted 21st Mar 2010 at 06:24
c.a.r.

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
zac wrote:
Have some tissue handy for when you're pulling the lines off. Laugh

This is the only way really, you could arse about for ages trying to block the holes before you remove it but you may as well just yank the lines off and plug them in one swift movement, minimum spillage!

'99 1.8 XS - Sold
'00 GTi6 - Killed by armco
'01 Cabriolet 1.8 - Sold
'96 Eunos Roadster 1.8 Import
Posted 21st Mar 2010 at 14:43
marco gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
hmm... guess i'm gonna have to try what comes out best for me. Any way thanks fellas. I'll maybe make up a project thread from the enginebaycleaning and the fittment and colour coading of my brakesetup.

Posted 21st Mar 2010 at 15:49
iplay

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
you could unplug the fuel filter first and let it drain for 30 seconds. then have no spilage in the engine bay.

disclaimer: i am more tha half shitfaced atm
Posted 21st Mar 2010 at 21:12