displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Non Pug wonky wheel

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
My mates come to visit today from Hull in his proton satria GTiRoll eyes and he has a wee problem arise on the way down which we would like to try and sort out this weekend before he goes back up to Hull, hope someone can help.

When he stopped for petrol a couple of miles from home his house ho noticed his offside rear brakes were smoking and steaming, after a quick check out he thinks the caliper was a bit siezed, but for some reason he carried on anyway and he says it seemed to free up in the next 10 miles or so.
Anyway 200 miles later and 20 miles or so from my house a car behind starts frantically flashing him and when they pulled over he said your rear o/s wheel looks loose and is wobbling. so when he gets to mine i follow him down the road and sure enough the wheel is wobbling like crazy.
So back to mine, wheel off, wheel seems straight, on with the spare anyway and that wobbles as well.

So the question is what could be causing the problem? Could it really have got hot enough to warp the hub in someway?
We thought maybe the disk had warped because when you spin it you can hear it catching on every rotation, but surely a warped disk wouldn't cause the whole wheel to wobble.

So can anyone help me help my retarded friend and his piece of malysian pap built from toffee and give us some suggestions please.

once known as want a 6 bad

DevilDiablo red like the devil himself!™Devil

6 Reasons to take the long way homeHyper
Posted 12th Mar 2010 at 03:52
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #2
that sounds like it could be a rear bearing issue Dunno

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 12th Mar 2010 at 04:16

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Sorted, he had put his new alloys on before coming down, which unlike his old alloys had a completely flat surface which meets the brake disk.
The disk was held on with a screw that had a massive domed head on it, meaning the wheel couldn't sit flat on the diskDoh
Couldn't see it the other night as it was dark.
Mate, quite rightly, feels stoooopid

once known as want a 6 bad

DevilDiablo red like the devil himself!™Devil

6 Reasons to take the long way homeHyper
Posted 13th Mar 2010 at 18:32